Chasing down a 3DR Backpack or two -

Reaction score
Yup, you read it right -

I'm still keen to get my hands on at least one genuine 3DR Solo Backpack - ( Well, if I'm completely honest, I'd really like a pair of 'em... )

Of course, I'm only really interested in examples that are in 'very good' to 'exceptional' condition.
( Obviously, 'brand new / unopened / still in original retail packaging', trumps all - but I'm not necessarily demanding that as a prerequisite! )

Let loose with your responses below - and let's just see who's got what for what...

Yup, you read it right -

I'm still keen to get my hands on at least one genuine 3DR Solo Backpack - ( Well, if I'm completely honest, I'd really like a pair of 'em... )

Of course, I'm only really interested in examples that are in 'very good' to 'exceptional' condition.
( Obviously, 'brand new / unopened / still in original retail packaging', trumps all - but I'm not necessarily demanding that as a prerequisite! )

Let loose with your responses below - and let's just see who's got what for what...

There is one on ebay now, brand new

Brand New 3DR Solo Protective Backpack | eBay

Rob,

Mate, Good to hear from you again -

( I trust that each of those Brand new 3DR Solo Batteries that I sent up to you, are still delivering you nothing but grin-after-grin of airborne grandeur? )

Yeah, I've pretty much given up on eBay - both here and over in the 'States - as people seem to forget just how cheap these things actually were 'towards the end'...

AU$160.00 for a genuine 3DR Solo Backpack, in my opinion should be just a little too rich for anyone's blood...

For more than a year, these Backpacks retailed for only US$49.99, and towards the end they dropped to US$29.99 - and then they were given away for free, literally free, whenever anybody purchased anything else at the same time.

This continuing after-the-fact piracy of today, would be like me selling my Brand new 3DR Solo Batteries for US$200.00 a piece!

Anyway, 'The Hunt for Red October', continues...

Reactions: Robpower
I also agree that the backpacks are commanding too much money, however, it comes down to basic supply and demand. When a company stops making something, there’s usually a fire sale followed by a private market when they are no longer “given away for free” and are marked up considerably. I also need a cheap backpack but obviously those of us who weren’t keen enough to fill our garage full of “free backpacks”, it just comes down to patience. If you know where to look, they eventually come along at decent prices. If you have zero patience and need a backpack now, then the reality is.. pay the going rate. I see that rate currently at $89. Shares of Amazon used to be $29 too. I even lived in Seattle and missed the boat on that, but I’m really not going to waste any time bitching that it’s not $29 anymore. It is what it is.

Yup, I hear you -
( and more to the point, inside my head, I was already at that point of acknowledgement too! )

Sometimes though, even I find myself having a piss-and-moan online - like some post-millennial, snowflake, oh-so-hard-done-by, fashionably 'niche' minority-of-the-moment, Muppet.

Sooooo, yeah - apologies to all, for acting half my age and causing twice the aggravation necessary.
Looks like it's just gonna have to be a big tablespoon o'patience...
(c;=

( PS @DeadFan - I just recently finished watching that awesome six-part docco on Amazon, 'Long Strange Trip'. I didn't ever really know much about the Grateful Dead, and even stumbling across a Dead-Head is pretty rare Down-Under - but after seeing this docco, I now know that I really missed out on something... )

Ive got one, but im looking to free up some storage space by getting rid of my drone as well. Interested in both? 20190903_184911.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44