Changing physical joysticks on Solo controller?

Reaction score
Hello

I'm fairly new the RC world and was wondering if it's possible to change the joysticks on the 3dr solo controller.

To be clear: I don't mean re-mapping the controls, but rather if it's possible to swap out the physical joysticks themselves (the part your thumbs are touching) on the controller to some 3rd party sticks that might be styled more like an Xbox or Playstation joystick.

I find the out-of-box joysticks to be a little too small/awkward for my thumbs. I feel changing it so something that has more surface area for my thumbs to rest on, and possibly shortening the stick so there's less of a range of motion for my thumbs to use, would be more comfortable.

I appreciate any insight/help!

Hello

I'm fairly new the RC world and was wondering if it's possible to change the joysticks on the 3dr solo controller.

To be clear: I don't mean re-mapping the controls, but rather if it's possible to swap out the physical joysticks themselves (the part your thumbs are touching) on the controller to some 3rd party sticks that might be styled more like an Xbox or Playstation joystick.

I find the out-of-box joysticks to be a little too small/awkward for my thumbs. I feel changing it so something that has more surface area for my thumbs to rest on, and possibly shortening the stick so there's less of a range of motion for my thumbs to use, would be more comfortable.

I appreciate any insight/help!

You could try something like these, they worked for me:

"Solo 2" - Precision control knobs for 3DR Solo Quadcopter Controllers | eBay

1501390329188875431374.jpg Also, Relish 3D makes pieces that fit over the stock ones. I really like them myself. You might have to message him directly because I don't see the exact ones on his website. Well, other than on the cover photo for the 3DR page.

Relish3D

Reactions: Ahvengeance

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig