Can't pair drone with controller

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I'm stuck, it seems the old 3dr app is not compatible with Android 10. Okay, no problem, I have an older phone I can use. So I reset the drone, reset the controller to repair them, and that's it. I get the "preflight update" message on the controller, but no matter how many times I reset the drone the controller does not see it. Well it saw it twice, but didn't pair. I can't update the software without the drone paired and I can't pair the drone.

Any ideas? Or is this not worth it...

UPDATE: Never mind, I threw some chicken bones on the floor, jumped over a pile of salt, and got it connected...The Dark Arts never let me down

Last edited:
Further, on restart, the drone has the slow orange light (pairing? right?) and the controller still says preflight update. The light just slowly blinks stupidly at me. No joy

(1) Did you wait for the lights to stop changing colors on the Solo? It takes some time to finish.
(2) Did you then reboot Solo? I used to always forget that step. It's necessary.
(3) From the Solo manual: "While rebooting, Solo emits its regular startup tones. The lights underneath Solo’s arms also light up green and
change to white in the front and red in the back. If you do not hear and see these signals, then reboot Solo again. If the lights change colors now, then the vehicle is still resetting."
(4) "Let Solo finish resetting and then reboot Solo again once the lights stop changing colors."

I have to look up the procedure every time, because it requires a stupid number of reboots. But when I follow the above procedure precisely, it always works. Good luck to you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44