Can't change RTH altitude

Reaction score
Ok, interesting issue. I can slide the slider for RTH, but it always stops on the number I started at, and a small bubble pops up from the bottom and says "Updated altitude limit to 75.0 ft" HOWEVER the altitude limit stays at what I changed it to, and I can change that parameter with out an issue.

Any ideas?

I had the same problem, well still do but there is a work around... double click the bubble and enter in the number you want. I understand there will be an update...

Reactions: cameraguy
OK, no dice. I can change altitude limits that way, but RTL does not change.

OK, was able to use Tower to change RTL, but tower is not working right. I'll post about that elsewhere.

Mine is having the same problem. Solo app reverts to 75ft no matter what you slide or type. I did it the old fashioned way through Mission Planner. I suppose I could have used Tower too.

I've read as a work around until they fix it, double tap the slider instead of sliding (or double tap the numerical value by the slider?). I haven't tried, but one of those will bring up a dialog box where you can type in the number, and it will save.

That was the first thing I tried. I would type a number, hit enter, and it would immediately revert to 75ft.

Yep, I have found the same. Had to use tower, but even that was an issue as I am having trouble with Tower and Mission Planner. This is a recent issue.

On my NIB solo last night, I was able to connect using the solo app and tower (Android Nexus 6P) and Mission Planner on my Surface (Win10). Never more than one at a time. I have not tried connecting Mission Planner at the same time as Solo/Tower for example. I do not know if it will accept more than one connection at a time. Did you disconnect/exit one before connecting the other?

On my NIB solo last night, I was able to connect using the solo app and tower (Android Nexus 6P) and Mission Planner on my Surface (Win10). Never more than one at a time. I have not tried connecting Mission Planner at the same time as Solo/Tower for example. I do not know if it will accept more than one connection at a time. Did you disconnect/exit one before connecting the other?
Tried both at once and one at a time. When I go to download dataflash logs I use mission planner and never turn on the Solo App.

I had the same issue after the last update. I went into Tower and reset the parameters to stock. After which I had to do a recalibration of both compass and leveling. After that, I could set the both maximum altitude and return home altitude without a problem. Works like a charm.
The following is directions direct from 3DR on resetting Solo's stock parameters
Please follow the next instructions in order to perform a full parameter reset to your Solo:

From Tower App
1.- Follow the steps shown.
2.- Open the menu and go to Parameters.
3.- Once you area at the parameters section search for the SYSID_SW_MREV parameter.
4.- When you find it please select the number written to the right of the parameter name, delete it and write a "0" (Without quotation marks).
5.- Once you have changed the parameter go to the upper-right part of the screen and select the three dot icon.
6.- On that drop down list please select Upload Parameters.
7.- Finally turn off your Solo and then turn it back on.
*Please make sure to do both level and compass calibrations after doing the reset.

I had the same issue after the last update. I went into Tower and reset the parameters to stock. After which I had to do a recalibration of both compass and leveling. After that, I could set the both maximum altitude and return home altitude without a problem. Works like a charm.
The following is directions direct from 3DR on resetting Solo's stock parameters
Please follow the next instructions in order to perform a full parameter reset to your Solo:

From Tower App
1.- Follow the steps shown.
2.- Open the menu and go to Parameters.
3.- Once you area at the parameters section search for the SYSID_SW_MREV parameter.
4.- When you find it please select the number written to the right of the parameter name, delete it and write a "0" (Without quotation marks).
5.- Once you have changed the parameter go to the upper-right part of the screen and select the three dot icon.
6.- On that drop down list please select Upload Parameters.
7.- Finally turn off your Solo and then turn it back on.
*Please make sure to do both level and compass calibrations after doing the reset.

Thanks for the info. I had previously made a post with the same problem. I'll give this a try and see if I can finally RTH above 75 feet-- which is pretty important around here.

I have the same problem. Can;'t change RTH altitude in Solo App - keeps staying the same. Tower is also having problems reading parameters, but you can use the up and download icon to get around that. I ended up changing the parameter in Mission Planner, then verified it with the Solo App.

Currently, I;m having a a few minor issues with the Solo App and Tower. I hope they get them all resolved soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl