Can Solo control camera over HDMI ?

VCD

Reaction score
To be more precise:
Can it trigger a photo, and zoom in/out using HDMI interface ?
I guess "yes", so do we have any code examples ?

Which HDMI interface? The one on the controller or the one on the bird?

In the bird, - I'd like to control a RX100 (which I am streaming video from) ... if possible, rather than use LANC to control it.
So I guess the onboard computer is able to do that, but I failed to find anything like it in the python scrips. (just searched for some simple keywords like hdmi, shoot , etc)

Last edited:
my tv can send commands to my av-receiver via HDMI, but i don´t think Solo can do this over HDMI, maybe it could be done with the correct drivers loaded into the kernel, could be quiet heavy to do this....

in my opinion (yes, i know it is not the smartest way) you could do this with a arduino and a IR Diode,

- first you have to hook up arduino to your solo: Solo Servo Sweep - Hackster.io
- then you have to fiddle around with some camera IR Libraries: Arduino Multi Kamera IR Control Library for Nikon, Canon, & more | Sebastian.Setz.name
- last but not least send remote commands to arduino via Solex

No. The only thing it's doing is video out of the camera and into the Solo. There is no control or communication going through the HDMI. That is going through the bus connector on the back of the GoPro.

Yes, I know that gopro is controlled over mavlink+gimbal - it's easy to see that. I am also very familiar with microcontrollers & Arduino, integrating new payloads is not a problem.
The reason I mentioned LANC was just because for this camera, I also wish to control zoom levels, manual focus and some other settings. So LANC protocol it will be.
Solex's new feature (remote command) will indeed be useful in the future, for now, do things without it.

So you currently have an rx100 mounted on the solo? Gimballed?

yes, but:
-RX100M2 (with Multi interface)
-gimbal is with precise servos, not brushless as I have no need for video, only photos - (the payload is then lighter than gopro+3dr gopro gimbal.)
-I have revererse-engineered the Multi protocol to control focus, shooting, zoom, record, but have not found manual focus commands ..yet...

View media item 487

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso