Can Solo be reverted back to stock firmware

update, burnt image to new sd card just now and placed back into the drone, started drone and have on the pcb solid green. And then flashing once per sec orange beside it. the cube is solid orange.....All pods are solid green.just letting it do its thing for say 15 mins and then will reboot it...

update, burnt image to new sd card just now and placed back into the drone, started drone and have on the pcb solid green. And then flashing once per sec orange beside it. the cube is solid orange.....All pods are solid green.just letting it do its thing for say 15 mins and then will reboot it...
update, just got the solo to pair a and b, now asking for preflight update.

OK. So the controller is definitely not Open Solo 3 if it says preflight update since that message was removed in Open Solo. You could just go right to Open Solo 4 on both copter and controller now. I just pushed Open Solo 4.0.0 to Solex and SidePilot.

Reactions: Wetstone
Well P2P,

The good news, i decided i would scrap all the files i had downloaded for the updates and redownload them today from the repos. I then used brand new sd cards and loaded 3.0.0 onto the cards and updated the black cube and all went as it should do. In10 mins i had the tx and solo updated and calibrated and spinning up.
Delighted that it work as it should. So my thinking is that the files where corrupt and or the sd cards even though they where replaced from the original as the original would not have enough space on them. i had used new 16gb cards and wiped them each time using disk management each time i wanted to update.
so i used new 32gb cards and used the new downloads and its perfect.
i did load up the solex app and could see the param download at different times, i got different amounts ie.979-1042-1027-1042 and so on. So the solex app was working fine also and connected no bother.
i loaded the new 4.0.0 to the copter first and then to the tx. the app stated all was good and finished. i rebooted the devices and the controller showed the new 4.0.0 screen.
i then got the mismatch even though solex said both devices had updated and rebooted. so for the moment
im going to leave the 4.0.0 alone and recover the other drones and enjoy a bit of flying.
I will come back to the new ver4 when, as you say, for the love of god read everything before installing new updates :)
Many thanks for your efforts here and hanging in with me. But i was following the procedure, it was the files or the cards that messed things up.
Regards Andy

I agree with your assessment of what was going wrong before.

As for the 4.0 install, are you familiar with using an SFTP app to connect to the copter and controller? There is file called VERSION in the root of each that will tell you which versions you have installed. Or just look at the bottom of the vehicle settings screen in Solex, which will list them out.

I agree with your assessment of what was going wrong before.

As for the 4.0 install, are you familiar with using an SFTP app to connect to the copter and controller? There is file called VERSION in the root of each that will tell you which versions you have installed. Or just look at the bottom of the vehicle settings screen in Solex, which will list them out.
Yes i have used this before and will most likely work on this tomorrow, it just baffled me, that when using solex to update, I got version mismatch. I thought it would have been almost plug and play to a certain extent. I didn't change anything, but to be honest I sort of got ahead of myself when everything worked, I went straight to solex to reset, redownload each UPDATE and then reconnected via wifi to mobile and then solo. All went well and confirmed updated. But didn't work, so I just left it as this episode had many re runs, I just wanted to watch the good one:)
Ill update here tomorrow what happens...

Regards A

When you check the version files, you should see one of them, probably the controller, will say Open Solo 4.0.0. The other, probably the copter, will still be 3.0.0 or something. Whichever one isn't 4.0.0, just re-run the installer in Solex for that. No need to redo both if only one of them needs to be updated still. You will need do redo pairing once complete.

Will follow as you advise and let you know. All 3 Solos back up and running. Regards A.

Hi Matt,Ii haven't yet done the 4.0.0 fw via sftp. question though. drones are working perfect, better than ever. I have flown them on one full battery each and got about 15 mins plus per flight. after a second power on with them sitting ready for takeoff, two of them spun up motor no3 for no reason. Litterly they were sitting there and just began spinning at a good rpm for about 3-5 seconds and then stopped.
I brought one back out for a flight and not a problem to it. Just curious why this may have happened.
Thanks A

No you're losing me again. Earlier today, you were having a version mis-match. Did you get that fixed? Are you using 4.0.0 or not? It doesn't matter whether you install it by SFTP or Solex. It's the same firmware. Lets a try a simple yes or no question. Are all of your Solos successfully upgraded to Open Solo 4.0.0, yes or no? If no, please list what each one has, and which ones had this motor #3 spin up issue.

All have 3.0.0, all have taken the black cube update to 4.0.
Yes, mismatched resolved.
Drones 2 and 3 gave the problem with motor spinning, motor no3. Drone no1, everything the same but didn't create the same situation with motor spin up.
I looked at the solex app, details at the bottom of the screen and everything is identical on all drones? All versions match across their details, have yet to update to version 4.0.0.

I'll send screen shots of controller display in the morning of the two that acted up if you want. Its almost 00.00 here and I've an early morning...

Understood now. Open Solo 3.0.0 on all three systems, and you've installed ArduCopter 4 on all three as well. You are in a very good state now. The Open Solo 4 installation will probably go super smooth under these conditions when you're ready to do it. You can use Solex to do it, or you can use the SSH/SFTP route as well, whatever you want will do the same thing. Be sure to do the Factory Reset Partition Updates as well. That way if you ever hit the factory reset button, it will reset back to clean functional Open Solo 4... rather than exploding trying to go back to the old 3DR recovery.

@P2P, Good news, thank god says you[emoji122] so I updated both tx and solo to 4.0.0. Also updated the FRP without issue.
Have just done the one drone so far. I did notice the following.
Gimbal would jerk about every 3 sec and return each time.
This went on after two reboots and then went away?
The parameter % in solex took a good 3-4 minutes to load up. I recorded it if you wanted to see.
It did this about 5 times. Then returned to normal, very fast approx 10 sec.
Just tought you might be interested. Not sure if it's a solex thing...
All in all after first flight it was very good but the wind started to pick up so I rtl. Again many thanks for your efforts and hanging in there.

@P2P, Good news, thank god says you
emoji122.png
so I updated both tx and solo to 4.0.0. Also updated the FRP without issue.
Have just done the one drone so far. I did notice the following.
Gimbal would jerk about every 3 sec and return each time.
This went on after two reboots and then went away?
The parameter % in solex took a good 3-4 minutes to load up. I recorded it if you wanted to see.
It did this about 5 times. Then returned to normal, very fast approx 10 sec.
Just tought you might be interested. Not sure if it's a solex thing...
All in all after first flight it was very good but the wind started to pick up so I rtl. Again many thanks for your efforts and hanging in there.
update: i updated the second and third drones to version 4.0.0 and seemed to go well. i then proceeded to update the FRP files. this seemed to also go well. solex did and said its part. rebooted the drones and one was perfect. the other drone after being ok before the FRP UPDATE has now gone to all pods solid green.
i left it for about 15 minutes no change. rebooted no change. did a reset hoping the FRP would do its thing no joy solid green.
did a bit more reading and found that if you hold the sswt on solid green all should revert no joy.
so rebooted again the same result.
stripped the drone down and reflashed the sd card with 3.0.0 and still no joy. reflashed the cube.
orange light on pcb is flashing per second with solid green beside it.

update, after reflashing cards the ran the updates again. All working and all upto the latest ver 4.0.0.
Many thanks A

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela