Can 2.4 be rolled back to 2.3?

Reaction score
Can solo firmware or software be rolled back?

With the problems some are having with 2.4 is there no way to roll the Solo, controller and app back?

If you have android, just do a factory reset which will put everything back to stock, then dl whatever version you'd like from here: 3DR Solo APK Download - Free Media & Video APP for Android | APKPure.com

You'd also need the appropriate 3DR Services (android) which is also available from that site.

I don't think there is an archive for ios, but not sure.

if you know how to use the command prompt on windows or the terminal on the mac you can use the solo cli to flash solo and/or controller. you can flash to latest, current, factory or a specific version. you can even perform a clean flash which will make solo and/or controller virgin (overwriting non-firmware changes such as custom dronekit code, custom smartshots, packages installed, etc). you can also list all the firmware versions (all versions from 1.0.0 to current).

"solo" Command Line Tool | 3DR Solo Development Guide

Hello,
Yes. I also want to back to the 2.3
I have a lot of problems with the 2.4 (More than 20hs with 2.3 without problems... a couple of hours with 2.4 and "lost connection" even some almost-crash events)
There is any tutorial teaching how to back to 2.3
Thanks!

Hello,
Yes. I also want to back to the 2.3
I have a lot of problems with the 2.4 (More than 20hs with 2.3 without problems... a couple of hours with 2.4 and "lost connection" even some almost-crash events)
There is any tutorial teaching how to back to 2.3
Thanks!

+1!

If you have android, just do a factory reset which will put everything back to stock, then dl whatever version you'd like from here: 3DR Solo APK Download - Free Media & Video APP for Android | APKPure.com

You'd also need the appropriate 3DR Services (android) which is also available from that site.

I don't think there is an archive for ios, but not sure.

Steve while that may load correctly it puts you back to the controller saying it needs "preflight update"
and the app wanting to do an update straight to 2.4 again.

so I am not sure how this helps.

if you know how to use the command prompt on windows or the terminal on the mac you can use the solo cli to flash solo and/or controller. you can flash to latest, current, factory or a specific version. you can even perform a clean flash which will make solo and/or controller virgin (overwriting non-firmware changes such as custom dronekit code, custom smartshots, packages installed, etc). you can also list all the firmware versions (all versions from 1.0.0 to current).

"solo" Command Line Tool | 3DR Solo Development Guide
Frank,

The available information there really doesn't help much in actually getting CLI up and running. I installed Python with pip and can still not get CLI up. My computer rejects the first command "sudo", which seems to not be a windows command.

Would you please offer a little more info on the "how to" for us less experienced?

Thanks
Greg

Installed Python 3.5 and solo cli on a windows 10 desktop. Should I have used Python 2.7?

When I try to run "$ solo" I get $ is not recognized.

When I run "solo" I get a string of files that seem to run, then the last one says:
error: {} has a incorrect entry in ~/.ssh/know_hosts. please: run: '.format(ip)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

python 3.5 isn't supported. install 2.7. you also need to install pip if you haven't done so already.

i'm using windows 10 with python 2.7.10, pip 8.1.2 and soloutils (solo-cli) 1.0.0.0.

also make sure you run the cmd prompt as an admin when installing pip or solo-cli.

Frank,
Thanks for the reply; maybe I can get through it this time.

Or maybe I should just except the hovering issue for the increase Smart Shots.

Can solo firmware or software be rolled back?

With the problems some are having with 2.4 is there no way to roll the Solo, controller and app back?

What kind of problems are common with 2.4?
Are these mostly Android issues?
I'm still at 2.3 using iOS with no issues whatsoever (knock on wood).

What kind of problems are common with 2.4?
Are these mostly Android issues?
I'm still at 2.3 using iOS with no issues whatsoever (knock on wood).

Don't upgrade to 2.4!!
I have some issues. "Lost signal", unstable, no-video signal...
Waiting for a downgrade or a step-by-step tutorial to back to 2.3v

Don't upgrade to 2.4!!
I have some issues. "Lost signal", unstable, no-video signal...
Waiting for a downgrade or a step-by-step tutorial to back to 2.3v
That's not good 'General' advise to tell everyone not to upgrade based on your experience, since the majority of people are not having issues. Installing from a factory reset, then doing stick, level & compass calibrations appears to resolve issues. 2.4.0 confirmed bugs?

That's not good 'General' advise to tell everyone not to upgrade based on your experience, since the majority of people are not having issues. Installing from a factory reset, then doing stick, level & compass calibrations appears to resolve issues. 2.4.0 confirmed bugs?

You are right. Sorry.
It is just my experience. No problems with 2.3 and a some problems/crashes with 2.4
Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Jubalr

Jubair,

I was also ready to throw in the towel on 2.4 while switching to iOS, but did the factory reset twice and the compass and level calibrations. Hover stability is now almost as good as 2.3 was on Android or maybe I am just being more critical.

I don't understand how stick calibrations could impact hover stability?

I am getting intermittent momentary wobbles, so maybe I will try the stick calibration just to see if it has any impact on either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44