Calibration Errors

vld

Reaction score
I see where calibration errors are fairly common with this product. So far 3DR tech support hasn't been much help. Plan on sending it back (for the second time for an unrelated problem) to Currentuas for repair. In the mean time anyone know of a way to fly Solo stripped down to a basic flight mode?

Calibration errors are NOT common with Solo, but that said, several reasons for this error to pop up.
It could be from updating F/W, if so, Calibrate via S/W & your good to go.
On the other hand, If it's a bad accelerometer, then time & money must be invested.

"It could be from Updating F/W, if so, Calibrate via S/W & your good to go.It could be from Updating F/W, if so, Calibrate via S/W & your good to go."

Might be helpful if you didn't assume I'd be familiar with your shorthand of terms you use that are unfamiliar to me...

"It could be from Updating F/W, if so, Calibrate via S/W & your good to go.It could be from Updating F/W, if so, Calibrate via S/W & your good to go."

Might be helpful if you didn't assume I'd be familiar with your shorthand of terms you use that are unfamiliar to me...
Sorry for using acronyms with you.
F/W = FirmWare Update
S/W = Software Update
Also, You also need to read these links to catch up.
3D Robotics - Drone & UAV Technology
ACU = Acronyms Commonly Used
Solo Help
https://3dr.com/support/articles/208396893/user_manual
You need to send in a ticket to 3DRrobotics as soon as possible from your device that your using to monitor your video feed "If you have a camara installed"

Vld, If you need more help, please don't hesitate to ask me.
Welcome to 3DRPilots.
What made you buy a Solo?
At 71 years old, I'm sure you can teach me a few things also.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. Because I'm not familiar with the acronyms doesn't mean I'm not familiar with the technology necessary to understand what you offer in the way of help. So in response: F/W:updated; S/W: updated and current. With regard to my problem of "Calibration Problems" which you say are "not common" but seem very common on this forum I'll provide the latest email correspondence for 3DR and my response:
(Screen Shot)...as you can read it's not easy for me to mask my frustration..cheers.
upload_2016-11-12_17-2-11.png

You can believe what ever or whom ever you want about calibration errors are NOT common with Solo is my opinion only, I am NOT employed by 3DR. my advise is free, so take it for what's it's worth.

If i was you, i would reply to these correspondence with 3DR as instructed with as much detail as possible.
Although the reply from Mr. Davis was rather childish by asking more about frustration levels, then helping you find a answer to your probelm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44