C&TSRR = Drones = Upcoming Special Trains

Reaction score
C&TSRR = Drones = Upcoming Special Trains

drone0004.jpg

I have had a few emails and calls from folks that plan on flying their drones during the upcoming specials. I am being asked what I suggest for them to not cause a lot of problems with the railroad and or other photographers and videographers.

1. Plan your flights in advance and try to pick spots that the folks on the ground are not interested in. If you can't get here a day early then use google earth to get familiar with the area.

2. By having your spots picked in advance get to your spot early so you have plenty of time to get set up and by being there FIRST you fall into the First come first served category.

3. If folks are already at the location you wanted to fly from. PASS up that location. You don't want to interfere with their shots. Remember your drone makes noise and does not look good in other folks photos.

4. The highway right-a-way is fenced so stay inside the highway right-a-way or get permission in advance from the private property owner.

5. Remember we are the new kids and are using new technology so a lot of folks won't accept you. That is their problem not your problem.

6. If you see another car or people that are having a problem, stop and try to help. Anything good helps the reputation of drone flyers.

7. For the good locations that a lot of the folks are going to want to take advantage of bring a ground video and tripod and some still cameras and that way everybody can share the good spots including you.

8. If the railroad is offering chase passes, buy one cuz it costs the railroad a lot of money to do these specials.

These suggestions are my suggestions, no more no less.

Roger Hogan ( Wacky roger )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso