Button B.Multi point Cable Cam.

agd

Reaction score
All goes well when setting up way points pressing button A. But when i select an end point with B nothing happens and the App freezes. I can still fly but can not do anything with cable cam. Does not seem to be any way to back out of cable cam other than powering off everything and starting again. One mission has saved but i am loath to fly it in case of a problem. Also one time i had to hit RTH as nothing else would work.

Gimbal... Hero 4 black ..2.3 firmware on app and 2.3.0-1 on Solo and controller

going to try that and a reset of my tablet again, but so far that aint fixing it.

Reactions: agd
All goes well when setting up way points pressing button A. But when i select an end point with B nothing happens and the App freezes. I can still fly but can not do anything with cable cam. Does not seem to be any way to back out of cable cam other than powering off everything and starting again. One mission has saved but i am loath to fly it in case of a problem. Also one time i had to hit RTH as nothing else would work.

I had this happen to me today for the first time. I closed the app (while Solo was still hovering) and restarted it. Then I used the On Screen buttons to set A & B and that worked. Something in the last update must have broken the A/B button reliability. But you can just tap the screen to set and end WPs as needed until an update.

just tried a complete reinstall and factory reset to see if it helps my issues
will let you know shortly, charging everything up

Similar problems, just worked on it with support. They suggested there are known issues but no fix yet.

anyone of you folks reporting this on iOS ?

I'm using iPhone and iPad and I'm having this issue since version 2.2, with version 2.3 it only got worse.

back in version 2.2 I would get "Return Home" when I pressed the "B" to save last point and followed by "Drift mode" (my B button used to be preset to Drift mode), I have then changed my B button back to default Orbit mode and this changed the behaviour to "Return Home" (instead of saving cable cam) upon pressing "B".
It didn't matter whether I pressed "B" on the controller or on the App screen.
This failure was happening about 5 times out of 10.

after I installed version 2.3, it improved (cable cam "B" save was failing 1-2 times out of 10) but over the period of 2 weeks (flying 5 batteries every day) it was getting worse and worse to a point that currently I can no longer use cable cam as the occurrence of this error is 8-9 times out of 10.
with version 2.3 I no longer get "Return Home" after pressing "B", instead now I get "waiting to hear from Solo" but the result is same, it does not save the cable cam. I've stopped using cable cam unfortunately, it was just wasting batteries and not getting intended footage. I currently fly only in fly:manual or fly mode if I want to record something.

I'll try this trick uninstalling and re-installing the app as it appears it helped some of you. It almost sounds as if there is some bug with data caching, more flights you do, the higher percentage of failures to save cable cam.

anyone of you folks reporting this on iOS ?

I'm using iPhone and iPad and I'm having this issue since version 2.2, with version 2.3 it only got worse.

back in version 2.2 I would get "Return Home" when I pressed the "B" to save last point and followed by "Drift mode" (my B button used to be preset to Drift mode), I have then changed my B button back to default Orbit mode and this changed the behaviour to "Return Home" (instead of saving cable cam) upon pressing "B".
It didn't matter whether I pressed "B" on the controller or on the App screen.
This failure was happening about 5 times out of 10.

after I installed version 2.3, it improved (cable cam "B" save was failing 1-2 times out of 10) but over the period of 2 weeks (flying 5 batteries every day) it was getting worse and worse to a point that currently I can no longer use cable cam as the occurrence of this error is 8-9 times out of 10.
with version 2.3 I no longer get "Return Home" after pressing "B", instead now I get "waiting to hear from Solo" but the result is same, it does not save the cable cam. I've stopped using cable cam unfortunately, it was just wasting batteries and not getting intended footage. I currently fly only in fly:manual or fly mode if I want to record something.

I'll try this trick uninstalling and re-installing the app as it appears it helped some of you. It almost sounds as if there is some bug with data caching, more flights you do, the higher percentage of failures to save cable cam.
Uninstall/Install of App seems to work for quite a few issues :) At least with Android.

Hi Mate

I had the exact same issue the other day acme could not rectify this issue. When I flew the next day I made cable can work by holding B button down until it registered the waypoints (about a second). This seams to work for me and I can now use cable cam. I tried many of the below recommendations to no avail. Good luck mate

Hi Mate

I had the exact same issue the other day acme could not rectify this issue. When I flew the next day I made cable can work by holding B button down until it registered the waypoints (about a second). This seams to work for me and I can now use cable cam. I tried many of the below recommendations to no avail. Good luck mate
Thanx Kris, holding down B didnt work for me, but uninstall/install of the app did. Cheers

I have the same issue. I did a uninstall/reinstall of the Solo and 3DR Services apps on my Android Nexus 7 tablet as well as my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone... still have the problem. I will try again.
Not sure how to "tap" the screen for using the B button, but will try later today. But I do agree, it is quite wonky and unreliable.

Not sure if this is helpful or not but I used cable cam several times today without any problems. (That's a first for me, lol)

I have cable cam mapped to my A controller button and that's how I start out. I press the A icon on the screen to set all points except the end which I set with the B icon.

I set up a multi point CC where Solo flew along the edge of my houses roof (roof inspection) and when it got to the end it turned 90 deg to film the next side. Everything worked fine but Solo didn't seem to be flying as smoothly as it had before the last update. Winds calm, 100 deg F.

Using iPad mini 3.

I tried the suggested technique of touching the app display A and B buttons. It worked 2 out of 4 attempts. Quite unreliable.

I had a job today and got an upset customer because cable cam didn't work. The exact same thing happened to me: Start Cable Cam, A-button works fine, but when I try to end the cable with the B-button (controller or tablet), cable cam freezes and I had to restart the Solo App just to get out of it. I'm still on 2.3 though. Will 2.4 address this (on android)?
I wonder...

Not sure if this is helpful or not but I used cable cam several times today without any problems. (That's a first for me, lol)

I have cable cam mapped to my A controller button and that's how I start out. I press the A icon on the screen to set all points except the end which I set with the B icon.

I set up a multi point CC where Solo flew along the edge of my houses roof (roof inspection) and when it got to the end it turned 90 deg to film the next side. Everything worked fine but Solo didn't seem to be flying as smoothly as it had before the last update. Winds calm, 100 deg F.

Using iPad mini 3.
Same here, No problem with 7 point cable cam/ Perhaps we got IPad's? Ipad WiFi + Cellular With 2.4 FW & App ISO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela