Building a location app, would you use it?

Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm pretty new to this and am building an app that would show where you're flying so that other pilot cans see where to stay away from or be extra vigilant of an area. It could also be used to allow other UAS/drone operators to come and meet up.

Would this be something you would use? If so what would you like in the app?

I'd have weather, wind, KP index, mapping, airspaces, logbook? Do you use that? And obviously location.

Thanks in advance, and if you know of apps that do this please let me know as I have had a look but didn't see much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Burkeam
I'd just have the user use the phone gps and just create a ring of half a mile or a mile. It wouldn't track the exact location of the drone just a general area. Although that could be possible but over kill for what's needed.

Thanks for the link Maddog

I am currently trying to figure out how to write a flight log app that will eventually pull logs from solo and allow a user to keep a database of their flights.
Just getting started on a long haul project. Have a github repository set up but I am still working though getting the basic project set up in android studio that has a data layer and table to hold the information. Might be a good month before I get that far. Then I want to try and tie into other APIs like Google Maps, GPS, and possibly even dronekit to grab information for the log.

I am currently trying to figure out how to write a flight log app that will eventually pull logs from solo and allow a user to keep a database of their flights.
Just getting started on a long haul project. Have a github repository set up but I am still working though getting the basic project set up in android studio that has a data layer and table to hold the information. Might be a good month before I get that far. Then I want to try and tie into other APIs like Google Maps, GPS, and possibly even dronekit to grab information for the log.

Pyrate that's a really good idea!

If you are a developer and want to join in let me know.
I can add you to the github

I'm not a developer but would be happy to help out, I'd need to get my app built for android anyway so could have a developer help with yours at the same time. My apps been build for iPhone at the moment because a friend of mine is an app developer but only for Apple.

Hi all.

I'm pretty new to this and am building an app that would show where you're flying so that other pilot cans see where to stay away from or be extra vigilant of an area. It could also be used to allow other UAS/drone operators to come and meet up.

Would this be something you would use? If so what would you like in the app?

I'd have weather, wind, KP index, mapping, airspaces, logbook? Do you use that? And obviously location.

Thanks in advance, and if you know of apps that do this please let me know as I have had a look but didn't see much.

I like the idea as it add more value then the FAA current beta b4ufly.
B4UFLY Smartphone App
I was on beta test list then then they announced the software is iOS and no android. Where is the logic in that. lol

I like the idea as it add more value then the FAA current beta b4ufly.
B4UFLY Smartphone App
I was on beta test list then then they announced the software is iOS and no android. Where is the logic in that. lol

Thanks I'll check that out, but I agree why not cater to all markets...?

Don't worry I'll do android, any if anyone asks you can say it's all because of you ;)

Reactions: Burkeam

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M