broken compass wire

Reaction score
This last weekend I installed new wifi cards in my solo and controller. Unfortunately I broke the black wire on the compass connection when I was installing/reinstalling it on the main board. What's my best option for fixing this? My hands are too shakey to be able to fix the wire back into the clip. Should I just buy a new compass leg assuming I can find one? Was thinking about stocking up on spare parts anyway....

Last edited:
This last weekend I installed new wifi cards in my solo and controller. Unfortunately I broke the black wire on the compass connection when I was installing/reinstalling it on the main board. What's my best option for fixing this? My hands are too shakey to be able to fix the wire back into the clip. Should I just buy a new compass leg assuming I can found one? Would that come with the cable connector?

Can you upload a picture of what broke

Can you upload a picture of what broke
Sure. Basically I snapped the black wire on the compass connector that plugs into the main board. There is so little slack that I can't imagine clipping off the connector and trying to rewire, particularly as I have very shaky hands, and would ever after be paranoid about the compass reliability.

Attachments

• brokenwire.jpg
    brokenwire.jpg
    729 KB · Views: 46
Sure. Basically I snapped the black wire on the compass connector that plugs into the main board. There is so little slack that I can't imagine clipping off the connector and trying to rewire, particularly as I have very shaky hands, and would ever after be paranoid about the compass reliability.

Update: Went ahead and just ordered a new one, along with a stripped solo (sans motors but includes boards, legs, etc) just to have spare parts on hand. At some point I'll probably order a few extra motors as well.

Last edited:
yeah, good call. that's a tough spot to fix. You would need to get some molex clik-mate pins and a good set of crimpers, then you would probably end up recrimping all four wires.

Update: Went ahead and just ordered a new one, along with a stripped solo (sans motors but includes boards, legs, etc) just to have spare parts on hand. At some point I'll probably order a few extra motors as well.

Ive broken the velcro antenna cable thats clips onto the wifi card - any idea where 2 find one? cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso