Bricked Solo and Fix.

Awesome, glad it worked.
I have the same problem with the card as it was and you. Maybe you still have instructions on how to flash a new card? I would be very grateful to you!

I replied to your private message. I do not have that. But got the info from the Facebook Hack group.

I have the same problem with the card as it was and you. Maybe you still have instructions on how to flash a new card? I would be very grateful to you!

once you have the proper image files its very simple.

I was able to flash the image to the SD card using Windows.
The program you need is Win32DiskImager

Win32 Disk Imager

simply click the folder icon to browse to the image file.
click on the device drop down to select your SD card.

click the "Write" button.

I will see if its OK with Kevin to post.

So update completed and not problems with the process. But back to -1% power thing (original problem) and getting the magnetic interference issue warning. So might be a problem with hardware...
can you let me know how you made out with this please. thx

I think the card is fine. I think something flipped out when I did the reset on the Solo. The controller reset just fine. However the bird did not.

Still does not explain my -1% battery charge that showed up after the update which persisted after the new image.

Its just good to know you can pull the card and re image the SD card with the linux system and go again.

Be nice if the SD card was more accessible though. To get at it on Solo you need to pull battery tray, remove one motor pod to get wires loose enough to tip the main board up and get at SD slot on bottom.
Is this the ad card on the mother board or in the pixihalk

thank you, I have one doing every thing perfectly until I let it hover then it applies rudder in the direction its turned in relative to me so If I turn it slightly right it will continue turning all by itself same if I turn left it goes left last thing I can think of so going to flash a new SD card ,any tricks to getting it out the white glue stuff

The white adhesive is a fairly strong bond, best to scrape/cut it down to release.

Your symptoms seem odd, sounds like a compass issue, drifting if you will. Try a compass calibration first. Also a stick and level calibration would make sense as well. Insure that your control sticks are re-centering properly. I know I've had stuff hang my controls, blew it out with compressed air.

I have changed both compass leg and cube used different controller's so at my wits end the only thing I haven't swapped out is the motherboard will flash one never knows

Honestly I got this one used starting to think someone was playing in MP and had no Idea what they were doing, I have 10 units and one under water that I plan to retrieve shortly bin there for a year my fault will be posting how that goes soon might get lucky gopro might be good enough to replace lens in another one ,going to try to dry it all out first

Well ya, that would do it. I have three, but have always flown the one. Good luck on the fishing trip, hope you catch a good one.

Have the Solo boxed up ready to back after a couple days of $%^&* frustrating communications with 3DR.

Have been talking to Kevin at the 3DR Solo hacks page and he made me a couple image files. One for Solo itself and one for controller. The Solo and controller both have a 8 gig SD card inside them with about 7 1/2 megs of data on each of them.

So I opened up the Solo, pulled the SD card out and flashed the image to a new card and stuck it in the Solo. I did not do the one in the controller so when I powered it up I had to do the pair process again. Got a message to press A & B as new Solo was found, I did, it paired and did the update.

Crazy !
Instructions on flashing a ad card ?

I have changed both compass leg and cube used different controller's so at my wits end the only thing I haven't swapped out is the motherboard will flash one never knows
JUST A FRIENDLY NOTE. when taking off the gps antenna on the leg MAKE SURE that the "BUMP" is facing inward!! naturally you will want to put it to the outside but I made that mistake and it drove me INSANE trying to figure out why my bird was going crazy, I'm not saying that's your problem but I PROMISE YOU if its on backasswards you will want to pull your hair out over a small oversite. good luck pal.

JUST A FRIENDLY NOTE. when taking off the gps antenna on the leg MAKE SURE that the "BUMP" is facing inward!! naturally you will want to put it to the outside but I made that mistake and it drove me INSANE trying to figure out why my bird was going crazy, I'm not saying that's your problem but I PROMISE YOU if its on backasswards you will want to pull your hair out over a small oversite. good luck pal.
This is a compass and not a GPS Antenna its hooked into the i2c port...Just saying..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc