Brand New Solo $129 at B&H

Well, you seen the video I posted. All good, right......
well about an hour ago I got it all updated. Mess.... long story short, (hours of this and that) it was a loose SIM card in the controller, once fixed; perfect.
Now, it's rainy here, should be good around 4-5 so I'll take it out for the GPS lock and fly. All other stuff is done, calabrations, settings, etc...
So............. I'm happy.
..is there any Windows 7 options for software?

EDIT EDIT EDIT
UPDATE
Just came in from the first quick flight..... forgot how much different stock prop's are...
100 ft up crazy flying and RTH with 2' miss. Nice! Happy I got this.

Last edited:
Woot, Woot, just got a tracking number for a 5lb package and a 12.1lb package. It's real, woot woot :D

I ordered mine around 10:00am on Black Friday. My Solo came in on Tuesday, the carry bag on Wednesday and the extras (that they failed to ship until I called once I got the bag) will be here tomorrow. I'm just outside of DC so I'm not too far from B&H.

My 159 deal was shipped in 3 boxes. UPS is floundering with Black Friday deliveries. One of the boxes was out for delivery yesterday (at least according to status) and I got notification they would all be here yesterday, not one showed up however. The box on the truck went back to UPS facility (destination scan again). Temporary drivers in Budget rental trucks. Status doesn't show any out for delivery today.
I guess splitting it in 3 boxes improves the odds of actually getting one of them, hopefully one with drone in it. Any one else with multiple shipments get them all at once?

My 159 deal was shipped in 3 boxes. UPS is floundering with Black Friday deliveries. One of the boxes was out for delivery yesterday (at least according to status) and I got notification they would all be here yesterday, not one showed up however. The box on the truck went back to UPS facility (destination scan again). Temporary drivers in Budget rental trucks. Status doesn't show any out for delivery today.
I guess splitting it in 3 boxes improves the odds of actually getting one of them, hopefully one with drone in it. Any one else with multiple shipments get them all at once?
I think everyone is getting shipments in 3 or 4 packages.

3 shipments for me too. 2 of them arrived in Dallas/Fort Worth 2 days ago and now saying will be delayed and rescheduled, and the last one is still saying shipped out of new York almost 4 days ago lol. Apparently online purchases are up 41% vs last year so UPS must be experiencing a huge increase in deliveries.

On a more positive note, my V2 shield was delivered yesterday...polar pro lights delivered today, and the Solo leg extenders finally got shipped out. [emoji41]

Last edited:
I was just looking at those last night...kinda pricey, but look good. I like the folding feature. I might check back with you when you after them to see how you like them.

I was just looking at those last night...kinda pricey, but look good. I like the folding feature. I might check back with you when you after them to see how you like them.
The main reason I ordered these is because Solo is supposed to fit in the 3DR backpack with them Installed

Reactions: Herb Z
Hi guys, new here. Haven't flown since early 2016 and that was with a DJI P3 Pro. Saw this and couldn't resist!

Anyways, got the packaged today. Had a heck of a time setting it up. I could not get Wi-Fi to show up, on iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone SE, and a couple androids I have. Took controller apart, didn't touch anything else and all the sudden I was getting Wi-Fi.

So then, I'm connected to it, but app in iOS would not connect. Android app connected right away. Once I got first update done, iOS app connected.

Figured I already tore the controller apart, I would see what revision the GPS is...and it's Rev. A.

Solo was brand new in box, looks like it was never opened.

Marbles mentioned that he had a loose sim card, don't know if that was your issue, but he fixed it by tightening up the screws.

Marbles mentioned that he had a loose sim card, don't know if that was your issue, but he fixed it by tightening up the screws.

I checked it, and it was fine. Maybe just a fluke it started working...of course right when I take controller apart.

Hey Maverick-
I’ve been in that same spot you are speaking of- I wish I would have ordered that!!! This time, I ordered several. Keep your eyes open; I won’t be surprised to see B& H get a few more in- I’ve seen some crazy stuff from B&H but they did us a SOLID on this deal!
No worries. Already have 2 with gimbals also bought in B&H promos. I was travelling with my family during the weekend and saw the things flying like hot cakes.

I'll start upgrading one of them and keep the other as backup/spare parts.

I recently also bought one of the Sky Vipers that uses Arducopter and it flies very nicely also. Its camera sucks but for the package price and ability to use the same tools as Solo makes it a nice drone, let alone its small size also makes it very easy to carry around.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
UPS just stopped by in their rented Budget truck. 2 out of 3 boxes delivered (the important ones) even though all 3 are shown as out for delivery. He was hard pressed to locate anything in the back of that box van, he complained he didn't have the Brown truck. Holiday sales are swamping them. He did say if he found it he would be back. I got the Solo box - brand new all stickers in place and the spare parts box. Checked - Rev A GPS. Still quite a good deal for all that stuff! Maybe the backpack box will show up before the night is out. This will be my last solo....( I said that a few solos ago too). Collect-em, trade-em, soup-em up...Ha.
Will test tomorrow after I install the used gimbal I got the other day from B&H.
Update: Installed gimbal, updated firmware and test flew. Works great, no issues.

Last edited:
It kinda amazes me how busy all these shippers are. FedEx Lady came to me awhile back, in a little biddy car. Said they had hired part time drivers, and cars were the only thing left for rental. She had that little thing packed to the roof, and said when she got rid of all that, she would have to go back to the depot, for another load. Seems people have money to spend.

Well that didn't last long, now I know why this quad wasn't very popular. It was flying perfectly fine in open field, with GPS lock, fresh IMU cal, compass cal, etc. Went into sport mode... it just went full tilt past 45 degree and crashed into ground. It's smashed up pretty good, and 1 motor is toast. I couldn't get it to stop going full tilt forward, it's almost like the controller disconnected. Tried going back into GPS mode but it still wouldn't stop. I flew exact same spot yesterday in sport mode and it was fine. I'm not new to this either, have flown DJI Phantoms and Inspires since 2014, never had anything like this happen. This is the first time I've ever crashed a non-toy grade quad.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ankita kumari