Bought 2 Solo's today.....

Reaction score
I don't know if that's good or bad but yeah I picked up 2. The second one is strictly for parts with the fear they wont be readily available. I was very impressed with the packaging and build quality. I like the fact its not shiny and it doesn't look like every other drone out there. Hopefully I'm equally impressed with how it flies. I installed the gimbal and did the cardboard over the gps mod already. Even with that I only got 5 satellites in my driveway and that took 3 mins, but it should do better in open space being that I live in a very congested city. I wasn't going to fly it...I wanted see how long it would take to acquire enough satellites to fly. It seems this copter has a lot of potential judging by the hardware, hopefully with the open platform someone will develop software to take full advantage of it. Hey if all else fails I have 30 days to return but I think ill hang onto it for the price I got them for.

You done good!
Your GPS performance is typical. Any time you fire it up in a new location, it'll take a little while longer to achieve a stable lock.

You done good!
Your GPS performance is typical. Any time you fire it up in a new location, it'll take a little while longer to achieve a stable lock.

Thx bro! So if you frequently fly in the same location the drone will remember that location and lock quicker?

Thx bro! So if you frequently fly in the same location the drone will remember that location and lock quicker?
Yep. It has a snapshot of the sky, so to speak - it doesn't need to figure out where the heck it is.

Also, you may want to check the Solex app, if you are running Android. The developer is continuously updating the software every week, it seems. Long live Solo!

Also, you may want to check the Solex app, if you are running Android. The developer is continuously updating the software every week, it seems. Long live Solo!

Just took it out for its maiden flight and it flew great! I will download Solex also because it come highly recommended by many! Thx for the recommendation!!

I'm from southern Maryland and fly there all the time. Right now I'm in Ireland I immediately got 10 satilites and filmed the beautiful area we were staying in. Not much wifi around so was able to get out over 1/2 mile. Best drone for the money available.

I'm from southern Maryland and fly there all the time. Right now I'm in Ireland I immediately got 10 satilites and filmed the beautiful area we were staying in. Not much wifi around so was able to get out over 1/2 mile. Best drone for the money available.

Agreed!! Very happy I made the purchase! Enjoy

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Ralph,

That's a pretty nice video, but if you use smart shots, all of the somewhat herky-jerkiness of the gimbal and yaw will be gone...the shots will be beautifully smooth.

Also, run the video thru GoPro Studio to get rid of the fisheye.

Nice choice of music.

--

Bill

Ralph,

That's a pretty nice video, but if you use smart shots, all of the somewhat herky-jerkiness of the gimbal and yaw will be gone...the shots will be beautifully smooth.

Also, run the video thru GoPro Studio to get rid of the fisheye.

Nice choice of music.

--

Bill
Thanks Bill
I'll have to find out about Smart shots. I've never used that before. Thanks for the advise I would truly like to improve.

Ralph Sr

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ralph, smart shots might be THE reason to own a Solo, as they automate whatever kind of "shot" you'd like to get, making the pan/tilt/yaw of the aircraft very smooth...smoother than probably even the very best pilot can get flying manually. And it's that smoothness (besides the actual subject matter of course) that really sets a VERY GOOD video apart from an OK video.

That said, when flying manually (not using smart shots), the Solo is pretty smooth in it's movements, esp if a pilot is practiced at just how much to move the sticks and tilt at just the right times.

Anyway, Smart Shots are very easy to set up and fly, so yes, check them out. Search Youtube for 3DR videos explaining them.

Ralph, smart shots might be THE reason to own a Solo, as they automate whatever kind of "shot" you'd like to get, making the pan/tilt/yaw of the aircraft very smooth...smoother than probably even the very best pilot can get flying manually. And it's that smoothness (besides the actual subject matter of course) that really sets a VERY GOOD video apart from an OK video.

That said, when flying manually (not using smart shots), the Solo is pretty smooth in it's movements, esp if a pilot is practiced at just how much to move the sticks and tilt at just the right times.

Anyway, Smart Shots are very easy to set up and fly, so yes, check them out. Search Youtube for 3DR videos explaining them.

Thanks my friend. I'm going to enjoy checking it out. Been flying since the Solo came out and
great video, love Ireland!
thanks. We are really enjoying our visit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buildnfly