Botched Launch - Not Hardly!

D

DodgeP

I just read like 3 back to back threads where people tried to make excuses for this f*ckery that is the Solo launch. Initially I was one of them. That seemed like it was sooooo long ago and I'm almost ashamed to admit that I too made statements like, "even Apple botched a launched or two!"

Bullsh*t on stick covered in sugar - I say. 3DR aren't the only people to blame..... well in the grand scheme of things, yes they are however; the distribution of the product(s) actually sheds light on a bigger issues that having good (because it's not great - merely good) customer service can only mask for so long and a few of those issues are that production, QA and distribution was askew right from the beginning. The executives of all those departments should be fired.

Compare this launch to any other botched launch from recent history and there are some huge differences. You botch the launch once and one time only. You don't continue to f*ck up, time after time after time. There could not have been any "serious" planning done for any part of this launch. The bird, the additional battery nor the gimbal.

I think that Chris is liar. There is no way that gimbals are being shipped to suppliers and suppliers are holding them. Suppliers have more to lose in terms of future business from individuals than 3DR does. Blow a transaction with Joe Customer with any one item and you stand to lose that business forever. That hard line is not exactly the same for the supplier. The supplier can always sell its product direct, which helps me make a long story very short. Had 3DR sold direct, I don't think any of this would be taking place. 1 line in - 1 line out.

3DR is sending sh*t everywhere for no rhyme or reason then pointing the figure at China for distribution errors. Muthaf*cka please! Then turning around and pointing the fingers at retailers for not sending the product to customers. It can't really be this difficult can it?

There will be tipping point - how it hasn't been reached yet is beyond me. Is it because you can pick up the phone and someone on the other end will tell you that everything is going to be okay?

Feel better? cause honestly most of what you say has merit, some is speculation and in the end this does absolutely nothing to solve the problem. Not going to speed things up, not going to bring 3DR down. The only thing it might accomplish is, you got it off your chest. By the way, as a consumer of tech news and products, I read a lot of analysts work, you lose credibility when you mask the F bomb in a public rant. Your piece would have gone over a lot better if you had kept the language professional.

Reactions: Chuck
Feel better? cause honestly most of what you say has merit, some is speculation and in the end this does absolutely nothing to solve the problem. Not going to speed things up, not going to bring 3DR down. The only thing it might accomplish is, you got it off your chest. By the way, as a consumer of tech news and products, I read a lot of analysts work, you lose credibility when you mask the F bomb in a public rant. Your piece would have gone over a lot better if you had kept the language professional.

Thanks for your assessment of my opinion. "As a consumer of tech news and products" what the F does that mean, so is my 15 year old son! That makes you a professional on what, using and spending money on anything with a circuit board in it? Keep reading analyst work and I'll keep masking F Bombs. My piece is my piece; you had the option to stop reading when I applied the first mask, and that was in the very first sentence.

So where would you like to go next? I may or may not meet you there. I'm not here to ramble back and forth for the sake of post count.

I have to agree with you, pyrate. These forums are great for exchanging information and ideas, as well as disagreeing, complaining, and getting your point of view out there. But to do it with language you normally wouldn't use in public sure lessens your point.

I have to agree with you, pyrate. These forums are great for exchanging information and ideas, as well as disagreeing, complaining, and getting your point of view out there. But to do it with language you normally wouldn't use in public sure lessens your point.

I'm curious, how would you know what language I do or do not use in public?

What is sad, is when the noise dies down for a moment or two, some awesome discussion is happening here. This product is a users dream. We have so many options to mod it. But that kind of discussion keeps getting drowned out. And I do get it, waiting on a gimbal myself. but it is just non productive. We all get that it is messed up. Its a bit Captain Obvious at this point. Yeah worst launch ever.

Thanks for your assessment of my opinion. "As a consumer of tech news and products" what the F does that mean, so is my 15 year old son! That makes you a professional on what, using and spending money on anything with a circuit board in it? Keep reading analyst work and I'll keep masking F Bombs. My piece is my piece; you had the option to stop reading when I applied the first mask, and that was in the very first sentence.

So where would you like to go next? I may or may not meet you there. I'm not here to ramble back and forth for the sake of post count.

Never claimed to be a professional anything, unlike yourself. Your 15 year old son is most likely more mature. Next well, lets try ignored

Chris needs to go on Shark Tank and get some help with distribution.

@DodgeP - I hear what you are saying, but for much of it I don't agree. Chris is not a liar, at least not knowingly. Sure it has been a CF launch, but we agree if everything comes to pass this will be a great platform.

If I had control, you and few others would have been assured to be the first in line. Stuff happens. Even amongst friends.

Peace.

Reactions: Ian [P13]
Chris needs to go on Shark Tank and get some help with distribution.

The sharks would devour this launch.
How many units have you sold... 3000
Whats your defect rate... 2900
How do you ship... UPS direct from china
Whats your support cost per unit.... $750 if you count the GoPros were having to replace and Fedex labels

Reactions: rrmccabe and DodgeP

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44