Boat mode

Reaction score
Good morning ,went on a guided fishing trip and took my solo so I could shoot some cool footage,well the weather was good not to windy,was a little nervous to launch from boat but I did and it worked well no crashes [emoji3],I thought I had a lot of good footage but I actually did not,it stopped recording when I went into smart shots ,and the drone would not do an orbit ,I thought it was still recording the whole time but it wasn’t,I think in boat mode it doesn’t have smart shots or it just wigged out ,I did hear a lot of bells and whistles from the drone in the video,I’m just glad the drone made it back to the safely

There is no correlation between "boat mode" and smart shots. The only thing the smart shots require is a valid GPS position, and the copter to not be in any kind of failsafe or error situation. In any of those cases, I would think you'd know it and mention it since the errors and such would be talking to you on the screen in Solex. So without seeing some log files, it's impossible to say what caused your issue.

Regarding the recording, there is an option to start/stop the recording with smart shots (at least I think it does stop the camera at the end too). In which case, the smart shot failing could be stopping the camera from recording. But this would be easily noticed on the screen since the recording indicator would stop. I suggest turning on the GoPro's OSD. It will be visible on your screen while not recording and makes it very obvious.

So started my drone in boat mode launched and my go pro was recording because I have video up until I started doing a smart shots possibly it’s normal that the drone will stop recording when you enter into smart shots and then just hit record again to start recording again,honestly I wasn’t looking to much or to long at the screen just because the boat was moving and I was nervous,I just know that it was sounding some beeps/alarms when I had my friend hand catch it ,I did do another flight that day without doing any smart shots and all went well ,I have never pulled any logs from flight controller but I probably should to see what’s the alarm were all about

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela