Board swap

Reaction score
Looking for info on the process for installing new boards. Can't seem to find a thread. I'm replacing the main board and the plugged in wifi? board. All OEM. I'm guessing a firmware install? upgrade? Will be necessary. Currently running Open Solo 3.0

Reaction score
I think the fw is on the Black Cube not the drone itself.
I think that board wit wi-fi can be exchanged without fw update.
Anyone can confirm - Y/N?

Reaction score
Affirmative. If still stock on everything then the i.MX6 [companion computer] can be swapped without needing to touch firmware

Reactions: makatanav
Reaction score
Basically answered my own question once I started. The board was new and had OEM fw, the controller had open Solo 3(there was an error on the controller saying mismatched fw - update), so I had to at least get the new board to 3. I went ahead and upgraded both to 4.

Maybe the firmware resides on the SD card? As I just left the stock glued card in the new board. The cube was moved over from the old board to the new.

Reaction score
Firmware resides *on the cube* in non volatile storage. Only time you'll see firmware on the MicroSD card is if you're using the manual upgrade methods....

Reactions: RodneyC
Reaction score
If the version numbers on the controller and the cube don't match EXACTLY then you'll get that message.

Reactions: RodneyC

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
litzer