Blue Thunder Mod is now ready!

I'm calling massive BS. Alters pitch and speed of the props? Uh, no. It's software based and has to be routed into the GoPro. They probably can cut of the GP mic, then pipe in the sound from a wearable mic, then use an external mic to pick up the sound frequencies to cancel out before it goes into the GP.

I'm calling massive BS. Alters pitch and speed of the props? Uh, no. It's software based and has to be routed into the GoPro. They probably can cut of the GP mic, then pipe in the sound from a wearable mic, then use an external mic to pick up the sound frequencies to cancel out before it goes into the GP.
Where did you get the idea that is was software based? It say's it needs to be modified by our technicians.

Reactions: Camotoe
They will have to install a mic to filter out the blade and motor noise and tie it into the GP control system.

It would be great but seems a bit far fetched if it were that easy to change the props speed to be silent it would just do it stock.

Plus no info on ordering or any way to contact in their ad, yea ya had me for a sec until it went from props being quiet to silent. Then he said it changes props speed and pitch I think it was lol.

Could be wrong but seems like bs to me

Why not simply turn off the internal mic on GoPro (under GoPro system settings) and then use the GoPro Studio app to record audio commentary in POST ? This seems an over-engineered a solution without a problem?

The Prop noise becomes louder as it gets closer. So I see it as two mics and no noise cancelling. One mic on the controller and the other on the Solo. I've done the something similar with a external shotgun mic plugged in to the S5 using the standard audio recorder. I then added this audio track to Pinnacle studio to mix in and out. I would hope his audio is being transmitted to the Solo to recorded on the GP directly. Then the mode then switch the mic inputs. This would save hours of my editing.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
My understanding is that Roy Scheider will personally test your Solo and controller once the Blue Thunder Mod is installed before it is sent back to you - just to make sure you haven't been bamboozled.

This also works real good
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Why not simply turn off the internal mic on GoPro (under GoPro system settings) and then use the GoPro Studio app to record audio commentary in POST ? This seems an over-engineered a solution without a problem?
That will not work , Try it

The Prop noise becomes louder as it gets closer. So I see it as two mics and no noise cancelling. One mic on the controller and the other on the Solo. I've done the something similar with a external shotgun mic plugged in to the S5 using the standard audio recorder. I then added this audio track to Pinnacle studio to mix in and out. I would hope his audio is being transmitted to the Solo to recorded on the GP directly. Then the mode then switch the mic inputs. This would save hours of my editing.
Only one microphone is used. The one you see me wearing.

Only one microphone is used. The one you see me wearing.
Is this a joke or what. Please don't waste our time claiming a mod for a solo unless you have something legit.
-If your capturing your audio on a separate track that has to be edited into your video isn't really a mod.
-Turning on noise canceling on you mic with a B button is a mod but not useful in my eyes.

Now recording your mic with noise canceling being and sent to the Gopro directly would be a cool and useful mod and maybe even worth paying for -depending.

Your claims of changing the RPM and Pitch is total BS. Provide some facts about your Blue Thunder Mod or go pound sand

Reactions: Camotoe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44