Blue Solo? The Custom Job!

after seeing that, I had to post this....Phantom 2 with the 147th Fighter Squadron Ace in the Hole paint scheme.

15260715626_20d35a92ab_z.jpg 15260715956_0937ca9b07_z.jpg 15280598451_94b4b921a7_z.jpg

Reactions: Sampson
Nice on both!
I didn't do that. It was a post I ran into a few months ago.

The 147th is stationed in Houston Tx at Ellington field. I was there in the early 80's as an F-4 mechanic.....those old things are just brutal to work on.

I've been thinking plasti dip but the parts that really need it already are the fn battery, gps cover and even my pods are getting scratched any time I wipe them, really wish they'd of gone a better route since this is supposed to be a long term platform. Looks just as bad as PS3 and ps4 glossy surface, you'd think companies would stop using that garbage or at least clear coat it like I should have as soon as I saw it, just need to decide on a color at very least for those parts hope it sticks.

Ok since we're toting our custom jobs, I had my friend airbrush some galaxies on my P2 for me.IMG_0191.jpgIMG_0190.jpgIMG_0186.jpg

Reactions: Raybro
That's awesome! What a paint job! I'd lose the apple and gopro logo though. Although, If I saw that without the logos I'd think the po-lice were after me lol.

I took mine apart, swapped out the shell for one which was broken, there was no soldering required to reassemble the solo. To remove the compass plug, there is a small tab to squeeze.
Watch the video from YouTube "3DR Solo Tear Down", he was correct down to the screw. Specifically mentions to be careful the compass cable at 4:48 mark of the video.

I thought of painting my solo but assumed that will void the guarantee/warranty. Beyond the 30 day warranty, do you think they could deny you a replacement in the event of a crash(gps error, motor pod) that would have otherwise been deemed their fault just because you disassembled for a paint job?

I was told as long as it was deemed not related to paint (ie overspray or reassembly problem) they would honor warranty.

3dr is about modding and open source hardware/software.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44