Best Place to Buy Gimbal?

Reaction score
Where would you guys consider the best place to buy a gimbal? I'm looking for a replacement gimbal for my solo. B&H had them for $150 but they recently sold out. Amazon has them right now for $170. So far I haven't found much that's cheaper than that, so is that the best deal I'm gonna get or do you guys know of a cheaper option?

B&H has the Solo gimbal on their website for $149- states that they are in condition - 9
Thinking these were returned under warranty- repaired and being sold.

just checked again and now it states they are discontinued @ B&H photo- anyone thinking about getting a gimbal; and you haven't yet, better get a moving. They have several listed on ebay but read carefully-
there are some that are being sold as "parts only" , some previously used and some that claim to be new in box. Make sure you are getting what you're paying for.

Reactions: Maddog
I just bought one in uk for £80 from place called slrhut.co.uk but item coming from us and company based in us not uk. Not sure how that works but hey £80 for brand new gimbal should have bought 2.

I bought a dozen or so new in the box on eBay when they were $24.95 or so. Guess it is time to list them since new are going for $125 and up.

Did the same- I thought the batteries would be the issue, but when it became apparent that the gimbals were drying up- I bought as many as I could put my hands on. For those guys who need just the gimbal- buy the package deal- take the gimbal- and re-list the rest of the package.

You know, not everyone will be looking for the gimbal; because if they do not have the gopro Hero 3 or Hero 4- they may not want to go into all of that expense. The Solo will still offer a lot of entertainment/ excitement for those who just want to fly around. You can still find gimbals out there if you search- I found another gimbal yesterday on Craigslist- guy bought a Solo and two gimbals in March- ended up selling the second gimbal for what he paid for it- $40. ( plus a half hour drive )

I bought a dozen or so new in the box on eBay when they were $24.95 or so. Guess it is time to list them since new are going for $125 and up.
Did the same- I thought the batteries would be the issue, but when it became apparent that the gimbals were drying up- I bought as many as I could put my hands on. For those guys who need just the gimbal- buy the package deal- take the gimbal- and re-list the rest of the package.
thought the same thing. B&H still has batteries for $49 as does Gens Ace so I may start buying some up to go with the 12 I have LOL. They also have backpacks for $89 and surprisingly the phone holders for the remote which I needed 4 of for the ones from eBay without them.

What I can't believe is the prop prices. People are trying to resale Master Airscrew props for 100% markup on eBay.

Bought a brand new one off ebay for $125 just recently. Still had original seal on it. Works great.

Thanks for all the replies guys. Turns out I found a way to fix my gimbal so I won't be needing a new one (for now anyways). Sounds like it might be better to by one sooner than later cause they are becoming more limited and prices are slowly rising.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo