Best Buy Solo bundle $399

I bought two last night if the price drops bellow $300 I will buy two more!

I went to Frys Electronics today to possibly buy one for a spare parts machine. They claim that they do internet price matching. When I had them bring up the BB ad on the website they first tried to tell me that it didn't include a gimbal. I had them scroll down a few lines where it showed the gimbal included.
Then they told me they had to get manager approval. When he contacted the manager I was told that it wasn't packaged the same way. The BB sale had the Gimbal in the same package as the Solo.
I assured them it wasn't but they stood their ground and said it wasn't the same product due to the packaging and therefore would not honor the Internet price.

Oh well that saved me 425 dollars.
Shipping is free from Best Buy

Shipping is free from Best Buy

Yea, assuming you're in the US, there's really no reason not to buy from Best Buy during these sales. I ordered mine Friday morning, and it was shipped out Friday night. It's already in a nearby town and will be delivered tomorrow. Shipping was free, and I think there was about $30 worth of sales tax.

I keep debating if I should get another just because of the cheap price. I already have two Solos, three gimbals and 7 batteries. This is just a hobby for me. I'm intrigued with the idea of using the guts to build a RC car or other device.

Yea, assuming you're in the US, there's really no reason not to buy from Best Buy during these sales...
...unless you buy from Amazon... sometimes no tax, and if you use your Prime CC on a Prime item, you get 5% back. So... $425 from BB, $380 from Amazon.

Reactions: EROC
...unless you buy from Amazon... sometimes no tax, and if you use your Prime CC on a Prime item, you get 5% back. So... $425 from BB, $380 from Amazon.

I wasn't aware Amazon was matching the same bundles and prices as Best Buy. Must... resist...buying... a fourth!!

So I went ahead and got 2 Best Buy packages. I also got the backpack, 5 extra sets of blades, extra legs, an extra compass leg, and a light set a light set. I'm not suffering buyers remorse yet!

So I went ahead and got 2 Best Buy packages. I also got the backpack, 5 extra sets of blades, extra legs, an extra compass leg, and a light set a light set. I'm not suffering buyers remorse yet!
You forgot to buy Propeller Guards!!! OHHH NNnooooo

Reactions: Mike Davis
You forgot to buy Propeller Guards!!! OHHH NNnooooo

If they had them it would have saved me once already lol ! Crashed pulling into my garage on last flight! Spun on new ones and its all good!

If they had them it would have saved me once already lol ! Crashed pulling into my garage on last flight! Spun on new ones and its all good!
OH No
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As in you are taking off and landing inside the garage? I hope I am misunderstanding you.

Just kidding, It isn't really a garage, just a 20' high overhang on my pole barn - still had 9 satellites. I was asking for trouble by getting close to the building for sure. Luckily I live in redneck country away from much of anything.

So, it didn't come with leg extensions, and I am not sure 3DR is sending out leg extensions and lanyards anymore? Are they?

So, it didn't come with leg extensions, and I am not sure 3DR is sending out leg extensions and lanyards anymore? Are they?
Not enclosed in my last 3 opened Solos since mid-June. Have one unopened, but not expecting any extras, and I prefer other extensions to 3DR's.

Reactions: jibcamera
Saw this discussed on the FB Group.
Some people say there is no difference in the contents.
I disagree.

I have a Solo from 2015 with the box on the right, it had no extensions.

I bought one from BB 2 days ago, it looked like the box on the left, It HAD extensions!

full

Saw this discussed on the FB Group.
Some people say there is no difference in the contents.
I disagree.

I have a Solo from 2015 with the box on the right, it had no extensions.

I bought one from BB 2 days ago, it looked like the box on the left, It HAD extensions!
Perhaps I'll have a surprise when I open #4. One of three of my opened Solos had Rev B GPS, 2 W/ Rev A, none w/ lanyard or extensions AND the pre-installed gimbal Solo had no fixed mount. It's a crap shoot...

ETA: I think some of that swag was from 3DR after you registered your Solo.

Reactions: KnightRider
The last couple solos I unboxed had extensions, but did not have rev B GPS. Even the most recent from Best Buy did not have rev B. As SARDG says, the first lanyard was sent by 3DR when I registered or for waiting so long for the gimbal to arrive after it was initially introduced. They also sent free leg extensions after the fact. The Solo with the 3DR extensions still fits in the aftermarket cases that I have, the other folding extensions I tried made the Solo too tall to fit even when folded.
FYI - If you store these on the shelf, there is a rechargeable GPS battery on the board that will probably suffer from lack of regular charge/use. I wish they had done a replaceable battery. There is a post about the GPS battery in this forum, someone did quite a bit of research. It reminds me of the old computer I had. When I opened it up, a similar battery had leaked on the motherboard and corroded some of the contacts/circuits.

Little info on Web sales of that $399 Deal from best buy.
My order is late, some how got connected to Corporate HQ, told me that 700 units left for customers from RICHFIELD MN. today!
Plus people just walking in to buy from stores around USA = at the least 300 total = 1000+ more Solo's buzzing around.

Little info on Web sales of that $399 Deal from best buy.
My order is late, some how got connected to Corporate HQ, told me that 700 units left for customers from RICHFIELD MN. today!
Plus people just walking in to buy from stores around USA = at the least 300 total = 1000+ more Solo's buzzing around.
I do not think there will be a large number Solo's flying. I believe only the sUAS community is buying because they know the value of the 3DR Solo.

^Agreed. I think there Is more shelf stocking going on from existing owners than flying from new owners.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44