Best Buy Price Drop

Reaction score
Solo is now again $349.98 with backpack and $299.99 without at Best Buy. Might be worth asking for price match if you are within the window or if you don't have one, picking one up now!

They price matched my purchase from black friday, saved another $53 dollars

I need to go back and get credit I payed $389 with tax. And it dropped literally 4days after to 299. I wonder what's going on. Will it continue to drop once 2017 hits?

The first attempt at buying my second one the price went from $399 to $349 before it even shipped to my house and they wouldn't honor it, so I ordered it again and returned it. So in reality I've saved $100 plus tax on this whole endeavor.

Actually there are three options,

1. $300 Solo with gimbal , props and spare battery

2. $300 Solo with gimbal, props and backpack

3. $350 Solo with gimbal, props, spare battery and backpack.

I bought option 3 and the 2 for $100 batteries. I keep thinking about buying a 2nd one for a spare but I really want a Mavic so I'd hate to buy it to sit on a shelf. The main problem is the lack of availability of the Hero 4. I tried mine with the static mount and my Hero 5.... Yea no thanks.

The first attempt at buying my second one the price went from $399 to $349 before it even shipped to my house and they wouldn't honor it, so I ordered it again and returned it. So in reality I've saved $100 plus tax on this whole endeavor.

Yeah, I bought mine for $389 at Best Buy long before Black Friday. And at that time I couldn't believe the great deal I got, Solo, gimbal, extra battery, extra props. Wish I had looked on Black Friday. I'm really tempted to jump on this deal now. I have it all already, including backpack, but some more spares or just maybe having a second camera in the air...

Not for long! With the Mavic being unavailable and the Karma tanking, they've sold a bunch of them before the Hero 4 became scarce. Now I'm not sure who they'll sell them to when you can't get the camera that goes with the gimbal. Anyone ever try a go Pro clone in the gimbal?

Reactions: Maddog
I need to go back and get credit I payed $389 with tax. And it dropped literally 4days after to 299. I wonder what's going on. Will it continue to drop once 2017 hits?

The Solo is tied to the GoPro 4, which is quickly fading from the retail market. Once the GoPro 4s are gone who's going to buy a quadcopter that has no camera? At least not in the hobby community. I wonder how 3DR is fairing in the commercial market with the Sony cam they're using? I wish them well because they're closer to being an American company than the rivals.

Reactions: WILLIAM MARTINEZ
Not for long! With the Mavic being unavailable and the Karma tanking, they've sold a bunch of them before the Hero 4 became scarce. Now I'm not sure who they'll sell them to when you can't get the camera that goes with the gimbal. Anyone ever try a go Pro clone in the gimbal?
Good point.

Thanks, I'd love to find out that one if these $50 go pro wanna bees will work! I really don't care if I lose camera control as long as it fits and can be balanced.

Of course it will.
I have used one with a zip tie not problems there and I can stream live video through the cable.

I had to use a zip tie because mine has a screen on the back and took some custom mounted to hold.

Of course it will.
I have used one with a zip tie not problems there and I can stream live video through the cable.

I had to use a zip tie because mine has a screen on the back and took some custom mounted to hold.
It doesn't wreck the camera plug? And it balances or did you use the included weights? Thanks!

It doesn't wreck the camera plug? And it balances or did you use the included weights? Thanks!

Without going out there and taking a picture I used a battery to fill the gap between the camera and back of the gimbal/gopro plug as a buffer so the camera doesn't touch the plug.

Could really substitute anything square to fit but I just used a battery.

I also didn't use a balance ring or anything it just worked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44