Best Buy bundle now 379.99

push fly motors start then push fly it hovers about 10ft i go up to 20ft fly 50yards straight out then i get "fly" on screen if that isnt manual mode then its flying on its own , i had no control i tried a+b+pause nothing

push fly motors start then push fly it hovers about 10ft i go up to 20ft fly 50yards straight out then i get "fly" on screen if that isnt manual mode then its flying on its own , i had no control i tried a+b+pause nothing
Basically, that's what Solo does - fly on it's own, or at least hover on it's own - if you have GPS lock and are in Fly - NOT Fly: Manual.

I have never tried A+B+Pause except on the bench because Solo will fall from the sky IF YOU DO IT CORRECTLY. I doubt that would be your normal goal.
Panic Buttons | 3DR - Drone & UAV Technology
http://3dr.com/support/articles/208046516/panic_buttons/
You never did confirm that you had the antennas oriented as in post #85. For all I know, Solo wasn't communicating with the controller in your hour of need.

@Jubalr has a way of explaining this so we'll summon him to help you out. In the mean time, you need only use Google to answer all the questions I've answered in the several preceding posts, and any answer you need in the future. That's what I did to point you to links to 3DR answers with graphics. Google is like Prego Sauce... "it's in there!"

ok sounds good on the google,
as far as ab+pause i thought long grass was better than tree line!

ok sounds good on the google,
as far as ab+pause i thought long grass was better than tree line!
Pause would likely have been just as effective, and less fatal. Also easier to hit one button, than 3.

My advice (which is cheap, and worth every penny), program a button to Fly: Manual. Before actually using that mode, practice take offs and landings by using the sticks while in Fly mode. Although many do, I never use the Fly button to take off or land.

Reactions: Jubalr
@SARDG is 100% correct on the above advice and worth whatever she charges for it:). Learn to fly in manual and get comfortable with it. Then my recommendation is to use it for both takeoffs and landings and use the GPS (Fly) modes only for smart shots or as needed. You will save your self some grief when (not if) GPS fails you and you aren't prepared when Solo goes into manual mode.

Reactions: SARDG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig