Reaction score
Best buy has Battery's on for sale $34.99
Back Pack on sale for $34.99
Gimbal is also on sale $39.99

Amazon also has battery for $34.99

Last edited:
Reactions: Don H.
the Gimbal for $40, good grief.
I might hurl, how did they get away with selling so many for $400, making people wait for months on top of that.

I picked up another gimbal as they are the most easily damaged, that gives me 3 for two solos
And just for the heck of it, rounded the batteries out to 6

yep when they first came out paid 1100 for solo 400 for gimbal 450 for a gopro hero black and batteries were 149 and so where the back packs
Still not sorry I bought mine,, I just got a cheap backup

My guess is that 3dr is taking up shelf space and they just want to unload them at cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty well established Best Buy is liquidating inventory
how do you think you get a solo level copter for 300 bucks with goodies

My guess is that 3dr is taking up shelf space and they just want to unload them .

One of the Best Buy managers told me that 3DR dictates the pricing on the Solos. So these sales that BB is having are blessed by 3DR.

So is there a profit that anyone is making on this fire sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had an itch for a 3er Solo when BB had the bundles for $ 299,
Now went up in price. Currently 2 Solos both working great
7 batteries, one more on the way and an extra gimbal. What else can I ask, I'm a happy camper, Thanks 3dr. Still scratching that itch.

Did a lot of research the past few days. Found one place that stated the Solo cost 3DR $750 each to produce.

Did a lot of research the past few days. Found one place that stated the Solo cost 3DR $750 each to produce.
Yes, been discussed on this forum frequently. I'm pretty sure that 99% of anything and everything ever asked or ever will be asked or ever discussed relating to 3DR/Solo has already been previously asked and answered on this forum - often dozens of times.
Forbes article on the downfall of 3DR

If your Search juju is good, the answer to whatever ails you or your Solo can already be found on this forum. Great community support for those willing to look for it.

At any rate, hope the recent price of $300-$400 (with accessories)lets everyone 'feel the deal'.

Reactions: Chuck
if I knew how to adapt the gimbal to a handheld stabilizer for my gopro Id be sold!

if I knew how to adapt the gimbal to a handheld stabilizer for my gopro Id be sold!
That has been my thought for a while now. How to make the 3dr gimbal operate on it's own. I'm sure one of you rocket scientists can figure it out. GoPro is selling theirs for $299. I just ordered 2 3dr gimbals from Best Buy.

I haven't looked that close but if the gimbal has the imu on board which I'd guess it does. You should be able to supply power and have it power up and stabilize. However, you won't have any control on it for pitch. It may be receiving a pwm control signal from the Solo. Might be worth a test for 39 bucks.

Is anyone interested in forwarding some parts to me in Australia? I have two batteries sitting in limbo there that my freight forwarder won't send, dhl will do it no problems though?

I haven't looked that close but if the gimbal has the imu on board which I'd guess it does. You should be able to supply power and have it power up and stabilize. However, you won't have any control on it for pitch. It may be receiving a pwm control signal from the Solo. Might be worth a test for 39 bucks.

nope, imu form solo is used and readings of imu are sent to gimbal via mavlink.
gimbal calculates pwm´s for it´s axis on it´s own

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso