Battery went from 45% to 0% in under 60sec.wtf? Drone is MIA

My only guess so far is Solex might have a profile that didn't agree with the Solo. Even if at that time - I was actually using the default Solo app.
Not likely. In fact not possible. Unless you created a custom profile that messed something up. In which case that would be operator error.

Hey bud. I had a similar situation. My battery went from approx 50 or 60 percent to 0 in 1 min. I got lucky and saw it dropping on my screen while out over the ocean. I turned around quick and made crash landing. I went out the next day and retested the battery to confirm, and it was dropping almost one percent a second. I contacted 3DR and they told me it was a bad cell in the battery due to charging habits and basically told it was my bad and to go pound sand. Hopefully you have better luck.

What were the "charging habits" they were referring to?

Ya Matt, they asked me a series of questions and then told me I was draining the battery to low before a charge. I got upset on the chat because I have done the same thing on all batteries and never had another issue.

still makes me wonder if a lot of these cheap solos are not reboxed returns.
they seem more problem prone
I have one from June launch two years ago, and one when they went sub 500. Neither one give me issues

I have no problem with the the $299 3DR Solo I purchased. 8 flights so far and every one perfect! I After the ban of flying in RI State Parks I joined an r/c club. What an awesome airfield! I will be posting video. There's an estuary, I can follow that by fpv to the ocean.

I think the crashes are more likely due to pilot error. You need a clear view of the sky.

Bonjour, même problème il y a moin d une heure, 2 minutes de vole et batterie complètement vide ... Donc presque détruit mon Drone ...

As a new user you really shouldn't launch off a cliff with any bird.

I would say it's a loss, buy just a a bird on from b & h...you already have the controller and power supplies. t's much cheaper. Get a set of master airscrew props, and a battery
Keep your eyes open for a deal on the gimbal under $60.00

Next time launch from a wide open field and get familiar with the flight characteristics
before you launch from a cliff.
Near mountains and cliffs you should really fly above it.

I flew mostly over wide open fields, next step was marshes and estuaries, now I am flying 500ft off the coastline and 2000 feet away from me.
Next step for me is using the Tower app to make similar flights . Goal is an automated flight to a small island off the coast and back.
Taking steps and learning. If I just dove in with an automated flight to the northern coast of prudence island there would be a strong chance I would loose the bird

I've been flying quads manually for five years and am very capable of take off, flight and landing.

I understand the shortcomings of GPS take off & landing. I did not take off from a cliff per say but from a very wide open flat space adjacent to a slope. The entire flight path was across a very wide open space. I had visual the entire time.

As I stated the battery went from 45% to 0% in less than 60 seconds.

I would like to post the logs but am still having trouble with that.

Every bird is different.. need to get used to the flight characteristics first.

I just built a fixed wing with a 6.5 ft wingspan... I am not launching it from a cliff on the first flight.

I am flying it at a wide open field first

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig