Battery Management System Reset

Reaction score
So I had two Solo batteries that I somewhat mistreated by leaving them fully charged in my trunk while traveling around (in warm weather) on vacation. When I got home it was another week before I tried to use them. I noticed that they would only charge to 85%, even after a couple of cycles. I figured I messed them up for good.
Deep inside one of the posts on this forum someone suggested plugging in the battery to the (stock) charger while holding the power button. I gave this a try and it worked beautifully!
So if anyone has a battery that just doesn't correctly report its capacity or charge state, try to reset the BMS by pressing the power button and holding it down for a couple seconds while plugging in the charger. Let us know if it works!

I'm just sharing my experience. Not sure why I was finally successful in getting my (2) Solo batteries to charge to 100%. Maybe there was a full moon that day...

I'm experiencing the same behavior. I need to research this more but, as I write this post, I currently have five Solo batteries indicating 80% on the leds but won't charge. I don't have thorough testing but I believe this happened after we started using a third party, multi-bay charger. I tried andrew's procedure but it did not work.

View media item 616

SOLO Batteries...
So I had two Solo batteries that I somewhat mistreated by leaving them fully charged in my trunk while traveling around (in warm weather) on vacation. When I got home it was another week before I tried to use them. I noticed that they would only charge to 85%, even after a couple of cycles. I figured I messed them up for good.
Deep inside one of the posts on this forum someone suggested plugging in the battery to the (stock) charger while holding the power button. I gave this a try and it worked beautifully!
So if anyone has a battery that just doesn't correctly report its capacity or charge state, try to reset the BMS by pressing the power button and holding it down for a couple seconds while plugging in the charger. Let us know if it works!

I have 6 batteries and use with sitescan over a 10month period... Cannot reset the Batteries as above.. Any more tips?

Maverick - Thank you. I will try and search. But If you locate it please send thru. Ta

The information in that is not completely accurate. The battery will NOT turn itself off at 12 volts, and will not turn itself off when any cell reaches 3 volts. The battery will continue to run down until it ceases to function and this will ruin the battery permanently. You need to be monitoring the 4 individual cell voltages and stop discharging when the lowest one is just shy of 3.0 volts.

Reactions: Dracvl
The information in that is not completely accurate. The battery will NOT turn itself off at 12 volts, and will not turn itself off when any cell reaches 3 volts. The battery will continue to run down until it ceases to function and this will ruin the battery permanently. You need to be monitoring the 4 individual cell voltages and stop discharging when the lowest one is just shy of 3.0 volts.
Ops... sorry for that.

Is there a recommended practice for what they are suggesting?

yep...i tried holding power.button while plugging in...and it WORKS
E="andrew.baker.142, post: 108186, member: 7142"]So I had two Solo batteries that I somewhat mistreated by leaving them fully charged in my trunk while traveling around (in warm weather) on vacation. When I got home it was another week before I tried to use them. I noticed that they would only charge to 85%, even after a couple of cycles. I figured I messed them up for good.
So if anyone has a battery that just doesn't correctly report its capacity or charge state, try to reset the BMS by pressing the power button and holding it down for a couple seconds while plugging in the charger. Let us know if it works![/QUOTE]
I
Yep .

I was only getting 90% after a full charge. Then I tried holding power button down while plugging battery in...and wow...now 99% after full charge...this fourum is great

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela