Battery Cycles

Reaction score
Is there a way to see how many times a battery was cycled?

Wow man, that guy one dedicated dude to build that. Very cool! So MP or other 3rd party apps don't pull the battery info...like Solex?

So MP or other 3rd party apps don't pull the battery info...like Solex?

Not that I have heard. Could be a limitation with the Solo's firmware so these parameters are not passed along. Also, I think I read somewhere the Solo's battery uses an industry standard protocol for this stuff so it is fairly easy to read the available data with an Arduino and such. Pretty sure there are some threads here that go into detail.

Wow man, that guy one dedicated dude to build that. Very cool! So MP or other 3rd party apps don't pull the battery info...like Solex?
Solex will count battery cycles but you have to label your batteries and tell Solex which battery you are using prior to each flight.

You can buy this Solo battery checker... It works well and reports health and number of cycles* on the battery. (3drpilots forum thread here...)

*The cycles are stored internally in the battery. I assume a "cycle" is counted after a recharge after the battery has been drained to <XX%...
That is pretty cool. I had the same question since my most recent - New In Box Solo bundle appears to be a 'Not New IN box, Used, Returned with no box" - LOL. Batteries don't even have the plastic on them so was hoping there was an easy way to see if they are in fact zero cycle batteries or going on their 200th cycle.

Is there a way to see how many times a battery was cycled?
Ya I built my own as well. Heres the page: HERE. It was a super fun project. I had my issues along the way, but they were my fault. Its pretty easy and straight forward.

I have one of those, listed in the link. I wish I could do the "update" but have had so many problems in the past, with FTDI drivers, I think I'll wait for a day that I have a WHOLE lot of patience. My original one works very well, but the screens pass so quickly, I have to watch it several times, to read all the info. Aparently the newer firmware has the option to freeze the frame, giving time to read the info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig