Backpack

DodgeP i see your shipping it to Carngie Center? I used to work on the Fire Pumps there. Also at Princeton U

Yeah?? Nice business park. We still get free water ice and live music on Thursdays in the courtyards during the summer months! lol

Reactions: erikgraham
Yup you're right they appear to have sent some to a few retailers, not sure why they all haven't put them online yet (*cough bestbuy) but they will be soon, hopefully tomorrow. You may be lucky and find one or two in your local store. Now f only we could say the same about the gimbals....
Summer will be over by the time we get them :(

Nice to see other Philly natives here

Reactions: erikgraham
Yup you're right they appear to have sent some to a few retailers, not sure why they all haven't put them online yet (*cough bestbuy) but they will be soon, hopefully tomorrow. You may be lucky and find one or two in your local store. Now f only we could say the same about the gimbals....
Summer will be over by the time we get them :(

Nice to see other Philly natives here
Philly here too.

backpackEdited.jpg

Yes, it is the official 3DR backpack. I removed my tags though. That is an unofficial 3DR Iris+ backpack it is leaning against.

I've been checking Best Buy regularly in my area for the back packs. Told that they have no idea when they will get them. Emailed Best Buy customer service. Told that the manufacturer had not released it yet, even thought people have been picking them up from Fry's for weeks.

We now have some available at Bestbuy.com however there aren't many! Not sure if any stores have any or not, so stick to online to get one for sure.

Last edited:
Well, based on DodgeP's post about getting his from DSLR Pros, I followed suit yesterday and bought one. Got the shipping confirmation this morning.

Reactions: DodgeP
Just went to BB yesterday, they didnt have backpacks in store, but after checking the system they do have them in stock and are able to ship to store. I was told if i want one it will be in store for pickup on the 14th (so 3 day shipping).

Got it!

oT3mbIy.jpg

Now for the gimbal and I'll be complete :)

Reactions: Ryan Levitz
About to order my backpack and a couple extra batteries. Does the go pro have a dedicated spot in the bag? What about the gimbal? Does it stay attached to the drone in the bag? Thanks for help!

About to order my backpack and a couple extra batteries. Does the go pro have a dedicated spot in the bag? What about the gimbal? Does it stay attached to the drone in the bag? Thanks for help!

I have 5 batteries in the bag.. 4 in dedicated slots on one on the bird.

To be honest, I'm not sure where everything is supposed to go (would be nice if they included a diagram). But here's what's listed on the tag:

Designed to hold and protect:
Solo
Gimbal
Up to 5 additional batteries (so 6 total?)**
Solo charger
Controller charger
8 propellers
tablet
spare parts

piwKZlE.jpg

It has two pockets in the cover (one shallow, one deep)

In the picture above, you can see that there's extra padding below the controller, I'm assuming for a mounted gimbal w/ GoPro attached. The battery compartments are clearly identifiable, but the ones on the sides of the Solo have extra compartments (chargers maybe?). Underneath the mesh on the right side (above the controller) is another deep compartment, not sure what's supposed to go there. So basically, unless I'm missing something, it's shove stuff in anywhere you can. The extra props will fit in the compartment under the mesh, but I don't think that's where they're supposed to go since you can fit many more than 8 propellers in there, maybe it's for the tablet (maybe the props go in one of the zipper pockets in the cover?)

So basically, your guess is as good as mine ;).

**Edit: After checking the compartment size vs. battery, I think DodgeP is right, four in the battery slots and one on the bird, so 5 total.

Reactions: Ryan Levitz

The gimbal will most likely stay attached and you will place Solo in the backpack with the ass end over the controller. I have my chargers (both of them) in the bottom zipper in the lid. I have all my props in under the mesh near the controller. The space on the sides of the bag is up for grabs right now as well as the big zipper mesh on the inside lid however.

I'm very satisfied with the bag layout and it stores everything more conveniently than I ever thought it would.

I've ordered a backpack for pick-up from my local Best Buy. I have an estimated pick-up date of 8/20 (Thursday).

I actually ordered the backpack online from BestBuy and it is supposed to be delivered to me tomorrow out of Ohio. Keep you posted . . .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela