Backpack

Reaction score
Hi all-

Can anyone tell me if the backpack is actually available? I've seen some people on here say that they've bought one but every place I look (BB, B&H, etc.) say that they're available for preorder. I checked Fry's and I can buy one there, but it says it won't ship out until August 24th, so I'm not sure if that's firm or a tentative ship date barring any supply issues.

I've had some issues with my Solo to the point that I seriously considered getting a refund, but decided to stick with it (in for a penny, in for a pound). What I can say is that their customer support personnel are really great (Mona's been helping me out a lot), and their main issue seems to be in logistics (I needed to purchase a new mount for my GoPro and still haven't received it a week and a half later). So I'm not overly optimistic about buying a backpack now and receiving it in a timely fashion.

Anyone have any personal experience with the backpack?

Reactions: ChrisZayas
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Some people have stated that Fry's Electronics has the backpack in stock.

I picked up one a week ago in Renton, WA. I went online, they were available for pre-order, but when I checked in-store availability it showed they had one in store. I called and had them hold it, rushed down and picked it up. They had only had the one.

So I'd suggest checking store stock, not online availability and see if you can find one.

I picked up one a week ago in Renton, WA. I went online, they were available for pre-order, but when I checked in-store availability it showed they had one in store. I called and had them hold it, rushed down and picked it up. They had only had the one.

So I'd suggest checking store stock, not online availability and see if you can find one.

Unfortunately, I don't have a Fry's close by so I'm going to be stuck trying to order it online. If they have it in stock in their stores, I probably don't have anything to worry about with the 8/24 ship date.

If you have a local Best Buy, try calling them. That is how I found my Solo. Website didn't show any in my area, but rumors were that there were some. I called local stores and found one.

My backpack just shipped from DSLR Pros today.. So I'm thinking it will be here by the end of the week.

So does anyone remember when 3DR stated that the Backpacks shipped from China? I'm trying to determine how many weeks it took to arrive for US retailers.

DodgeP i see your shipping it to Carngie Center? I used to work on the Fire Pumps there. Also at Princeton U

Reactions: DodgeP
The backpacks and gimbals were not in stores yet. not sure how anyone got one, they are just like the gimbals. The order confirmation is just a pre order, most likely.
Rumors are that both have been shipped from China, and will take some time to reach the states and get put on store shelves, but I'll believe it when I see it.

BestBuy still does not have 3DR backpacks or gimbals

The backpacks and gimbals were not in stores yet. not sure how anyone got one, they are just like the gimbals. The order confirmation is just a pre order, most likely.
Rumors are that both have been shipped from China, and will take some time to reach the states and get put on store shelves, but I'll believe it when I see it.

BestBuy still does not have 3DR backpacks or gimbals
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too, Kneel. I was even told that there was no ETA on the backpack from 3DR support, but as you can see above, people do have the backpack and are able to purchase them.

I'll take a photo of mine when I get home. I really do have one. Fry's.

Right so then they must be arriving, some smaller retailers are probably quicker to update their sites or put some on the shelves. There were many rumors swirling around the past few days about these items "arriving" in the states this week, so I imagine those were true. And you are SURE its official 3DR backpack?

I've had 2 back packs for a couple weeks now. I pre-ordered from DSLRpros very early though.

The backpack is really very good. It fits under an airplane seat, which was a pleasant surprise.

Does that airplane seat have a 6" lift kit on it as that backpack looks pretty big.
Uh... no idea what a 6 inch lift kit is. It was just a regular airplane seat. Here's a picture (those are my 9 year old's knees):

00000029.png

and yes, the tag is still on it.

Reactions: Del and DodgeP

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc