Backpack

Backpack picked up from local Best Buy. Fits a lot of stuff, and is comfy to wear! :)

I agree that a diagram of where stuff is supposed to go would be helpful. After staring at it for a bit, you can more or less figure it out.

Attachments

• 20150823_083548.jpg
    20150823_083548.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 22
Backpack picked up from local Best Buy. Fits a lot of stuff, and is comfy to wear! :)

I agree that a diagram of where stuff is supposed to go would be helpful. After staring at it for a bit, you can more or less figure it out.

Yeah, location of where things go is pretty self explanatory.

Yeah, location of where things go is pretty self explanatory.
I suppose taking into account that the storage for the propellers is intended for props in a box (boxed propellers fit perfectly above the controller). I hadn't ordered extra props when I got my backpack so didn't have the boxed props to try. Although it does bring up a question for me, the backpack says it will hold two sets of propellers, but only 3 boxes fit in the cavity above the controller, so where does the last pair fit?

M

I suppose taking into account that the storage for the propellers is intended for props in a box (boxed propellers fit perfectly above the controller). I hadn't ordered extra props when I got my backpack so didn't have the boxed props to try. Although it does bring up a question for me, the backpack says it will hold two sets of propellers, but only 3 boxes fit in the cavity above the controller, so where does the last pair fit?

M

What is the benefit of storing your props in the box the were sold in as opposed to not in the box - when using the backpack? The question is being asked because the box is merely a transport mechanism to get the props from point a to point b, undamaged and the backpack serves the exact same purpose and also allows for more props.

What is the benefit of storing your props in the box the were sold in as opposed to not in the box - when using the backpack? The question is being asked because the box is merely a transport mechanism to get the props from point a to point b, undamaged and the backpack serves the exact same purpose and also allows for more props.
No benefit at all, I'm merely saying that the 3DR is saying the backpack is designed to hold two sets of props total. To your point, yes you can pretty much figure out where things go, but my point is that they're specifically saying that the pack is designed to hold eight props. Now if you were to keep them in a box they fit perfectly in the spot above the controller, so a fair assumption would be that is what that cavity is designed for. However, keeping the props in the box makes you only able to store six props in that location, not eight. If you kept your props loose, then the same cavity can hold more than eight props.

Not trying to split hairs, it's just an observation.

You are actually splitting hairs by not trying to split hairs. You're tripping over the dollars to get to the dimes. Sometimes a little bit of commons sense can be exercised and solve most of the worlds, not so difficult problems. Do I like getting more than what's advertised? When beneficial, of course.

Let me ask you this, are you also packing the charging cables in the bag, in the box they orginally came in as well? If you used the same logic to pack other peripherals, that backpack wouldn't be big enough, you'd need a suitcase.

I'm done here.

You are actually splitting hairs by not trying to split hairs. You're tripping over the dollars to get to the dimes. Sometimes a little bit of commons sense can be exercised and solve most of the worlds, not so difficult problems. Do I like getting more than what's advertised? When beneficial, of course.

Let me ask you this, are you also packing the charging cables in the bag, in the box they orginally came in as well? If you used the same logic to pack other peripherals, that backpack wouldn't be big enough, you'd need a suitcase.

I'm done here.
Seems to be you're being deliberately obtuse, but whatever. I'm with you, I'm done here too.

If anyone would like to purchase a backpack, I ordered one from Dlsrpros but Frys got them first. The Dlsrpros one came a few days later.

Private message me.

... they're specifically saying that the pack is designed to hold eight props.

?? Where do they say that? 3DR's claim that I read states:

The Backpack for Solo has room for the Solo copter with attached gimbal, plus the controller, as well as custom fit pockets for two replacement motor pods, up to five spare batteries, two sets of propellers

and that's at least what it holds and looks like there's room for a third set of props as well (I only have two boxed extra sets).

propset.jpg

?? Where do they say that? 3DR's claim that I read states:

The Backpack for Solo has room for the Solo copter with attached gimbal, plus the controller, as well as custom fit pockets for two replacement motor pods, up to five spare batteries, two sets of propellers

and that's at least what it holds and looks like there's room for a third set of props as well (I only have two boxed extra sets).

propset.jpg
The tag on the backpack itself.

IMG_0151.JPG IMG_0152.JPG

Personally I don't like to store my props loose in the back pack. I know pretty much everyone does it, but I'd rather not hear them rattle around and I'm slightly paranoid they will work themselves free in the pack and get wedged in somewhere (and possibly bent).

At first I used the foam packaging they shipped in with the Solo (just snip off the end), but that only holds 3 sets of props. Now I use the boxes the props come in when purchased separately. I can fit 4 in the backpack.

I ordered my Backpack online from BestBuy on 8/15 and had it on my doorstep on 8/18.
Jacksonville, FL
Love it!

The back packs are great, plenty of room to hold 3 extra batteries, both chargers, spare props, plus my tablet. Ordered it on BB, had it shipped to my local store. Picked it up within 3 days. I live 40 min north of NYC. It’s still available for order online with store pick up at over 17 BB’s within a 25 Mile radius of my zip code. No gimbal though..

hmmm, wonder where he go the idea at the end to cut the foam for the props ;-)

http://www.3drpilots.com/threads/backpack-tip-for-storing-props.796/

Considering I hardly frequented this forum prior to about a month ago, and still hardly look at old posts, that wasn't how I came up with it. I already had my props in the foam in the original "carry case" solo came with. It was an easy visualization.

Happened in realtime as I filmed the video.

Some people really have such chip on their shoulder they have to find and make up random ideas of fact. Odd if you ask me that you instantly thought I stole an idea and tried to pass it on as my own.

Fly Safe Friends!!! #FLY3DR

Reactions: erikgraham
Considering I hardly frequented this forum prior to about a month ago, and still hardly look at old posts, that wasn't how I came up with it. I already had my props in the foam in the original "carry case" solo came with. It was an easy visualization.

Happened in realtime as I filmed the video.

Some people really have such chip on their shoulder they have to find and make up random ideas of fact. Odd if you ask me that you instantly thought I stole an idea and tried to pass it on as my own.

Fly Safe Friends!!! #FLY3DR
It's all good. Great minds think alike.

Meantime I've switched over to using the boxes that the props come in when you buy them separately. With the foam you can only fit 3 sets of props. With the boxes (you have to snip off the tabs), you can fit 4 sets of props. I recommend it.

I don't thrash props.... so keeping only 3 of each works so far. If I were to travel and want to bring my other spares, I could work around that. To each his own. Good idea for those that need extras.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado