B&H Sells The 3DR Sun Shields

Reaction score
I bought the tablet model. I considered buying the mobile model as well but I pre ordered the S8 Plus and I'm afraid it's too big for the clip.

I've tried a few other shields Polar Pro, generic, etc. This one flat out works. It uses magnets to set up up which is way better than Velcro and it basically sets itself up when you open it. It fits in the clip perfectly, of course and it works with my Samsung Galaxy S2 8.0. It folds flat and fits the pouch in the 3DR bag.

3DR Screen Hood for Select Tablets TS11A B&H Photo Video

3DR Screen Hood for Select Smartphones SH11A B&H Photo Video

Last edited:
Reactions: Wetstone
I have one for my phone they are nice
good find
Sadly they wont fit my nexus 9, someone posted a DIY that uses material backed with adhesive to cover hard panels to make them for any size tablet, I think on the mod page.
Been thinking about trying that

For those not wanting to spend $42 for the solo tablet shield, try out the Autel Robotics shields.
I bought the tablet and phone version. They work perfectly and the phone shield allows for a larger phone than my Note 5.
So for you Iphone + users, I'm pretty sure the Autel shield would work fine.

Their tablet shield also has room for a tablet larger than my two 8" tablets.

buy both and you get free shipping and it would still be less than the solo tablet shield.

For those not wanting to spend $42 for the solo tablet shield, try out the Autel Robotics shields.
I bought the tablet and phone version. They work perfectly and the phone shield allows for a larger phone than my Note 5.

Their tablet shield also has room for a tablet larger than my two 8" tablets.

buy both and you get free shipping and it would still be less than the solo tablet shield.

Sweet deal! The problem with my phone is the mount or clip. I'm sure it would fit in the shield, based on the specs of the clip opened more.

Thanks for the info!

Here's the links for anyone interested in the Autel shields.

Mobile Sun Hood for Mobile Phone

Tablet Sun Hood for Tablet

They look pretty good but use Velcro like the DJI/Polar Pro units. The tablet piece is a must if you want to go to an 10" tablet. I found the 10" to be clumsy and I had to make a modification to the holder. I personally like the 8" tablet as a compromise, which the 3DR unit seems to be made for.

One thing I'll say, they are cheaper than the Polar Pro/DJI units as well, I have both- $20 ea. Hopefully they are better made and a better fit for the Solo controller.

Can you post a photo of the shield attached to your 3DR controller and point out any mods etc you might need to do to get it to fit?

No mods needed. It fits like it was designed for it.

Yea? Well does it say "3DR" on the side? Hmmm? Yea I didn't think so! Where's your brand loyalty traitor?!? Hahaha! Nah, I probably would have used the Autel pieces had I been aware of them. Too bad no one took the time to let all of us know about them before....

Yea? Well does it say "3DR" on the side? Hmmm? Yea I didn't think so! Where's your brand loyalty traitor?!? Hahaha! Nah, I probably would have used the Autel pieces had I been aware of them. Too bad no one took the time to let all of us know about them before....

Lol it does because i put one of those solo and 3dr stickers on it that came with the solo.

Oh i forgot to mention. The autel logo is barely visible since its embossed during the molding process and not printed in a color

Lol it does because i put one of those solo and 3dr stickers on it that came with the solo.

Oh i forgot to mention. The autel logo is barely visible since its embossed during the molding process and not printed in a color

If I ever flirt with the idea of using my 9.7 inch S2 I'll give them a try. I just found it clumsy.

These shields are about $25 now, smartphone one is even less.
I just picked one up, really like the magnets for setting it up quick.
And oh yeah....logos. LOL

Would you suggest the tablet version even if you use your phone as a 'just in case' for future?

I supposed that might work. I have a Nexus 7, and the fit is perfect. I did not try it with my iPhone 6. Might look a little goofy in there but it would be shaded!
I'll try it next time I go fly - probably this weekend, or sooner, and take a pic if I remember!

In thinking about it, it wouldn't work. The openings for the clamp are vertical for the tablet, and you need to rotate the clamp horizontal for an iPhone..which would spin the hood sideways.....make sense?
If not, I can take a picture and post it for you...

In thinking about it, it wouldn't work. The openings for the clamp are vertical for the tablet, and you need to rotate the clamp horizontal for an iPhone..which would spin the hood sideways.....make sense?
If not, I can take a picture and post it for you...

Exactly, I purchased both for this reason.

Reactions: Jeffer
Well none of the photos of the hood really show how they attach so no clue that they only attach to clamp certain way. Thanks for the info.

They have a hole in the back that fits over your controller clamp so it just rests against the clamp and your device holds it in.
I attached a picture of the back of it, which should help explain. You can visualize the clamp has to go vertical to fit this hole, and that is how you position it for a tablet.
Let me know if you want a different angle. I can take a pic on the controller too without tablet if you want.

Attachments

• IMG_0227.JPG
    IMG_0227.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 17
But I am all about overkill, so here is that other pic! :)
'Cuz, hey, why not...I already got it all out of the backpack anyway...
Let me know if you want a few pictures of my family!

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    250.5 KB · Views: 18

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44