Awaiting my solo in South Carolina

These guys on this forum try anything and everything- if you can duct tape it to your drone- these guys have! Look up maddog’s brite light kit- go to the search bar and type in brite light video- another excellent custom touch to your Solo for safety and WOW effect! Check it out!

These guys on this forum try anything and everything- if you can duct tape it to your drone- these guys have! Look up maddog’s brite light kit- go to the search bar and type in brite light video- another excellent custom touch to your Solo for safety and WOW effect! Check it out!
Will do,thanks!

Forum Pro Tip - If you click on the magnifying search glass in the upper right corner it will turn into a settings gear. Click that for more options in your search.

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 3.15.26 PM✨.png

I’m telling you both- it’s a blast! But start slow, with the basics, OPEN FIELD with little or no trees- and practice. Be careful of your surroundings, trees, power lines and people/ pets. It’s only fun if nobody gets hurt. And watch those props- the will cut your fingers/ hands- so keep your wits! And most important- have fun!! Because these drones are INCREDIBLE!!! There aren’t your old man’s balsam wood gliders!

Reactions: overdriver999
I’m telling you both- it’s a blast! But start slow, with the basics, OPEN FIELD with little or no trees- and practice. Be careful of your surroundings, trees, power lines and people/ pets. It’s only fun if nobody gets hurt. And watch those props- the will cut your fingers/ hands- so keep your wits! And most important- have fun!! Because these drones are INCREDIBLE!!! There aren’t your old man’s balsam wood gliders!
I'm very much looking forward to it..and oh yes I plan to take it slow till I learn how she needs to be treated..I know some folks go full throttle right out the box without even reading the manuals on their drones..I'm definitely not that guy...so yes slow and steady till she's ready ..or I'm ready..sounds like it's gonna be good times.

Welcome to the world of Solo. I bought mine about a month ago and man I'm loving it. I moved up from the toy drones also and it's a night and day difference between the two. I've added a few upgrades and my next goal is to upgrade the wifi cards to extend the range. Keep us posted when your birds arrive and happy flyin'.

Welcome to the world of Solo. I bought mine about a month ago and man I'm loving it. I moved up from the toy drones also and it's a night and day difference between the two. I've added a few upgrades and my next goal is to upgrade the wifi cards to extend the range. Keep us posted when your birds arrive and happy flyin'.
Okay.. definitely will..thanks a lot,im really looking forward to it.

Good idea..I have ordered 1 battery already..so that gives me 2 total and gonna order some extra props too..I'm gonna try to grab a battery here and there as I go along,cant spend tooooo much money at once ,I've bought the solo,one extra battery and a tablet so far and if I go much more right away the wife might catch wind of it and we know how that goes,for some of us anyway..but great advice for sure,its definitely in the plans..thanks!
I just bought 8 batteries on Ebay from this seller. All sealed in unopened boxes. Got a discount for buying 2 boxes of 4 batteries. Highly recommended!

3dr solo smart battery FOUR PACK factory sealed!!!! Brand new, 3DR BT11A x 4 | eBay

So guys-?? Those birds arrive as planned? I’m anxiously waiting to see what you think.
XterraGuy- that’s the price for the first generation MAS props- (two piece- prop + retainer nut ) Gen 2 has both components attached as one unit and the cost have gone up a few bucks. The 4xM6 nut caps is the telltale indicator for Generation 1.
But don’t worry- they both are nice however with Amazon you may pay shipping; with Master Airscrew, if you place an order over a certain amount- free shipping. The amount was like $30- $35

The new props with attached nuts are $19.29 per set- and free shipping if you spend $25 or more.
www. master airscrew.com
Make sure you order the appropriate propellers for your drone.

So guys-?? Those birds arrive as planned? I’m anxiously waiting to see what you think.
XterraGuy- that’s the price for the first generation MAS props- (two piece- prop + retainer nut ) Gen 2 has both components attached as one unit and the cost have gone up a few bucks. The 4xM6 nut caps is the telltale indicator for Generation 1.
But don’t worry- they both are nice however with Amazon you may pay shipping; with Master Airscrew, if you place an order over a certain amount- free shipping. The amount was like $30- $35
The bird has not arrived yet..should be within the next two days according to the fed ex tracking..however I did get a battery in the mail yesterday that I ordered separately,and wow jist the battery and the packaging looked sexy to me! So I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the bird any day now. :)

Reactions: redjr16
The new props with attached nuts are $19.29 per set- and free shipping if you spend $25 or more.
www. master airscrew.com
Make sure you order the appropriate propellers for your drone.
And thanks for the tip on the new props...also I found a solo battery charger that may be worth picking up too...20$ I think it was.

It’s like Christmas in October!!! Now you can start that upgrade list for your Christmas present wish list!

It’s like Christmas in October!!! Now you can start that upgrade list for your Christmas present wish list!
That's Exactly what I was thinking..!...I'd really love to get a battery or two..maybe a gimbal for Christmas as well...hmmm..

$20 for a charger is good. Then you can charge both batteries at same time. Go to B&H Photo- search 3DR accessories- they have some decent deals on odds and ends.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela