Anyone running app in Android 9 successful?

Reaction score
So I hadn't used the drone in a while. Broke it oprn this weekend. The bird flew fine, however the app was useless. Worked fine until I connected the bird, instant crash then it wouldn't open. Disconnected the bird and app worked fine again. I am currently using a Google Pixel XL 2 running Android 9. Anyone else had anh success? If so what phone are you using.

I discovered this myself yesterday after driving 50 miles to a lake to fly my solo. Tower didn't work on Pie either. I posted a question in the Solex thread about Android 9 support. I do have an older iphone and and iPad I can use with the Solo app, but I'd rather stick with Android and my Pixel 2 if I can. I really can't imagine we're gonna get any updates, last update on the Solo app was 2 years ago and last on Tower was a year ago.

That sucks I guess I'll get an older phone so it will be my designated screen.

The "solo" app. Again works fine until you connect the bird.

I think you're going to find that if the 3DR app ceases to function with Oreo, that will be the final death of the 3DR app. 3DR is not making updates, nor have they released it open source for someone else to update.

Same problem here! Tried to fly the drone this weekend to take pictures of the fall colors. The camera is useless without the app, so I couldn't fly it and take pictures. App won't even open on Android 9 Pie. It just immediately crashes!

This has a bummer, I'm having the same issue [emoji26]

Welp, it's official, the 3DR Solo app is dead. I received an email from 3DR stating: "The SOLO has been discontinued there will be no more updates, we recommend you to downgrade to the previous version [of Android] to resolve this issue."

The Solo app has been open sourced and there is an outfit that has an app available on the play store. It's called Solex, I'm trying to find out if it works for the pixel 2 with Android 9

The Solo app has been open sourced and there is an outfit that has an app available on the play store. It's called Solex, I'm trying to find out if it works for the pixel 2 with Android 9
Where/when was the Solo app open sourced? As far as I know, that has not happened. Solex is not affiliated with the OEM Solo app, and as far as I understand, not based on it in any way.

Reactions: DJMc
What he said. And yes Solex works on Pixel 2 with Pie. It is what I am currently typing this response with.

Reactions: d-dub
Where/when was the Solo app open sourced? As far as I know, that has not happened. Solex is not affiliated with the OEM Solo app, and as far as I understand, not based on it in any way.
Not sure when or where but this is what I read somewhere. I did find in Play Store an app from 3DR that supposedly supports writing your own apps for 3DR UAV's.

Not sure when or where but this is what I read somewhere. I did find in Play Store an app from 3DR that supposedly supports writing your own apps for 3DR UAV's.
You found the archaic 3DR Services app that is also dead and not used for anything.

Reactions: d-dub

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc