Anyone else having this problem with their Solo???

Reaction score
I had to RMA my Solo because my controller wasn't powering off after turning it off, the only way to turn it off when this happens is to reseat the battery. Also the controller wouldn't broadcast WIFI when in this state. Anyone else here of this issue? Or who had to RMA their Solo and how long did it take to receive it back?

3DR received my Solo back on Thursday the 13th, trying to get a since of how long I will be without it.

Thanks,

Reactions: VideoArch
I have the exact same problem, Im in the middle of the RMA process. Waiting for support to send me a RMA number. I expect you will be out your Solo for a couple of weeks..

Oh wow so I'm not the only one. I have been checking around the different boards and hadn't seen anyone with the same issue that I'm having. Support was helpful but it sounded like a issue they hadn't dealt with before. I was able to fly a couple of times but after dealing with it since day one I needed to get it resolved.

I hope yours get resolved quickly and you're back flying again soon.

The tech support representative I was working with indicated that "we have a problem with the IMX6 board inside the controller, that's why you are not able to connect to the SOLO and the Wi-Fi". They had me do a full system reset and pairing and as you indicated it only worked for a brief period and now it's dead. It sounds like they know what the issue is, I expect to be without for a couple of weeks.

I don't have that problem yet, but my Solo is in perpetual Magnetic Interference lock. Nothing I can do changes it. I'm waiting for tech. support to give me next steps. I've been grounded for almost two weeks already. If I send it in maybe they will fix all the issues before they send it back. Maybe.

Oh man that sucks, I can only speak for myself but the techs over at 3DR have been great. I'm not sure if it has been my willingness to troubleshoot with them or just good luck. I'm sure they will set you up with an RMA and get it fixed up for you.

Sorry so many are seeing this issue I know McCabe had an issue early on and after being persistent in calling and talking to the supervisors I believe, he had one to him before he even shipped his out or right after. So I'd say stay on em, let them know if your on the fence seems like most instances the squeaky wheel gets the grease, I hate that cause I hate to be the bothersome type but it normally rings true just be respectful but push a bit. He'd be able to tell you better but I'm pretty sure he got his in no time.

No problems here. Been working great since June 25. Funny I haven't seen these guys on the forum before and they joined pretty close to the same time......odd

No problems here. Been working great since June 25. Funny I haven't seen these guys on the forum before and they joined pretty close to the same time......odd
So I presume you are trying to say that myself and Randy are working together to bring down 3DR? after I was just praising their help desk. I came on the forum to help me figure out what my issue with my Solo is. Not only do you sound like a moron but if you don't have any helpful info zip it up.

Reactions: Del
Well I'm new to this forum, I only discovered it when I was purchasing the Solo, which is a replacement for my 3DR X8 (circa 2013). Prior to my Solo purchase I would only be found in the DIYDrones forums or 3DR support forums. I never had to RMA or return my X8 however, I did ping their support on occasions and burned through a fair number of propellers.......

What I find "odd" is that only two of us have the exact same problem and were given the same direction to correct the problem (reset & re-pair Solo & controller) and the result was the same in the end, RMA. 3DR clearly knows that there is a problem, I'm guess with the hardware. The support representative I'm working with indicated that "we have a problem with the IMX6 board inside the controller" and it appears the ultimate solution is to return the system for replacement (?) of the IMX6 board inside the controller.

Reactions: flysolodrone
Very well worded sir, I should of taken the high road like you did.

I'm glad to hear that they did isolate the issue to that board, it seems like the tech I worked with was very knowledgeable but at either wasn't aware of that issue or didn't put it together with mine at the time. And just to clarify every single step that you just mentioned they had me do and just like you it worked until the very last time and after that everything I had done before I tried it and nothing worked.
The most obvious way to tell if anyone is having this issue is that after powering down the controller look on the back where the vents are you will see a green light and a yellow light that stays on until you reseat your battery.
But I did make several flights and I had no other issues at all that I recall so I'm hopeful that after I get Solo back it will work GREAT.

I had to RMA my Solo because my controller wasn't powering off after turning it off, the only way to turn it off when this happens is to reseat the battery. Also the controller wouldn't broadcast WIFI when in this state. Anyone else here of this issue? Or who had to RMA their Solo and how long did it take to receive it back?

3DR received my Solo back on Thursday the 13th, trying to get a since of how long I will be without it.

Thanks,

I had the same issue about 12 hours of flight time ago with the controller. I pulled the battery for a few minutes and everything reset. I am still not sure what caused the issue in the first place.

I had similar but not the exact same. The power on button would stick on mmechanically. I have a new controller on the way Monday. Took one week.

Well 3DR has had my Solo for one week today, I emailed them how long it would be till I got it back and I was told a repair would be 2-3 weeks.

Here is my question: I'm thinking about asking for a refund so I can just go out and buy a replacement myself because they already told me that I'm Solo would get repaired before they would be able to send me a replacement.

Has anyone received a refund from 3DR for Solo and how long did it take.

Thanks,
Scott

Has anyone received a refund from 3DR for Solo and how long did it take.
Thanks,
Scott
Scott, they are just a little overwhelmed with new product roll-out so they are running a little behind.

In answer to your question I went the refund route myself and I am on day 11 or 12 since they received it and no refund yet. I have corresponded with them and although they have responded within 3 days they do not have any answer at this point.

So from a time standpoint I would say depending on where you are located because of shipping time etc., you might be better off just waiting on the repair.

Have the exact same problem with mine! Waiting on RMA. Flew it a few times no issues. Then controller would not power off. Pulled battery to turn it off, then next power up "waiting for Solo" . Reset pair did not work. All leds soild color indicating hardware failure.

Have the exact same problem with mine! Waiting on RMA. Flew it a few times no issues. Then controller would not power off. Pulled battery to turn it off, then next power up "waiting for Solo" . Reset pair did not work. All leds soild color indicating hardware failure.
Yes Cadz11 it sounds like my issue and Randy's as well. I'm sure we are not the only ones but I have been looking at a lot of the other boards and I haven't heard to much about this issue, but there has to be more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M