Anybody seen 3dr Solo's facebook post today?

Reaction score
Hilarious, but leaves me wondering why they don't let other cameras operate with the Solo.

Hilarious, but leaves me wondering why they don't let other cameras operate with the Solo.

They will eventually. But keep in mind that the app controls the function of the GoPro and the gimbal is designed to plug into the hero port on GoPro and balance with the GoPro.

GoPro was the logical choice the 3DR as its the most readily available action camera on the market.

And yes that Facebook link seems like a Troll group.

I would think you could actually attach any camera with a tripod mount, as GoPro makes an adapter for that. If it has a configurable mini HDMI out, you could "electrically" make it all work (display) now, though obviously weight, balance, and clearance would be an issue depending on the camera you chose.

Given the open API, I would also guess you could even get at the camera controls, assuming the camera has the appropriate capability on the other end.

That is an advancement from the canned capability of something like DJI going forward.

I would think you could actually attach any camera with a tripod mount, as GoPro makes an adapter for that. If it has a configurable mini HDMI out, you could "electrically" make it all work (display) now, though obviously weight, balance, and clearance would be an issue depending on the camera you chose.

Given the open API, I would also guess you could even get at the camera controls, assuming the camera has the appropriate capability on the other end.

That is an advancement from the canned capability of something like DJI going forward.

That attachment you're talking about allows a 3-pronged gopro mount to attach with a female threaded tripod screw. Camera tripod threads are female, so you would have a female-to-female which doesn't work.

By the way, does anyone know the actual "official" facebook page?

No Prob. Actually not made by GoPro so you were right in that sense. :)

I'm really considering sticking with the Solo now that I've found this. Problem is I have to find a good camera I can fly. It might just save a lot of headache and money to go with the P3, although I prefer the Solo.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
I'm really considering sticking with the Solo now that I've found this. Problem is I have to find a good camera I can fly. It might just save a lot of headache and money to go with the P3, although I prefer the Solo.

I actually ordered a P3P direct from DJI but cancelled after waiting a month.

My experience with them led me to look at their service history. The result of the made me decide to go with 3DR.

These are complex things, in the air, and new to boot. I expect problems, including the problens I am having. The question is, what happens next?

Dealing with DJI is a nightmare. 3DR has a better reputation. So far my experience with them has been promising, though to early for a complete answer.

We will see.

I didn't see any 3dr reps on that page, lacks content, only 42 likes, etc

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3DRSOLO/

Just under 3000 members. Most reps are not identified as 3DR employees. I've had to ask before if they are associated with 3DR. Others are well known by name such as Vu Tran.

It is also a closed group, you will have to be approved. They are very good at keeping the trolls out. In fact the week of release they pissed a lot of us off when we came to the group with negative issues and we were treated like trolls. They weren't expecting all the issues I assume. Now they are much more receptive and helpful.

Lots of good information. Vu's name is the only one I could recall off the top of my head.
I don't like the fact you can't search for topics, and it is too much to scroll back through to find a topic.
But great for getting info directly from their engineers when they are online (which must be all on their own time?).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44