Any updates on shipments/availability?

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have my 3dr solo preordered on B&H and they don't have any idea about when they are receiving and shipping the orders. I've asked in 4 Best Buy stores in the Bay Area and the same answer. No units in stock, shipped to the stores or expected in the next days/weeks. Do you guys have any other info? I can't wait to have my solo and start playing with it!

Thanks!

Same thing, 3DR Vu Tran, told me last week that they had sent units to Best Buy... But I am very suspect of 3DR at this point. They have said a lot of things that are simply not true and have lied about things.

Reactions: Yourviewfromabove
I talked to DroneFly yesterday, they didn't say much other than I was 3/4's of the ways down the pre-order list and should expect to receive my Solo sometime this month but the gimbal would be shipped sometime in July and they had no info on the free battery.

Last edited by a moderator:
yesterday 3dr told me that all the pre orderes were going to be shipped stright from china to your house.
this includes all third party retailers.
B H
Best Buy.
DSLR Pro.
and any others.
think we can believe this?

yesterday 3dr told me that all the pre orderes were going to be shipped stright from china to your house.
B H
Best Buy.
DSLR Pro.
and any others.

Depends on how their pre-order system is setup. If this is true that means that the vendor would have to input the order (yours/mine) into a centralized database that was being monitored by the distribution factory in china and processed in the order received however; if it is true, how could any vendor give you an estimate about delivery unless they also had access to production dates, run numbers, packaging dates, etc...

Depends on how their pre-order system is setup. If this is true that means that the vendor would have to input the order (yours/mine) into a centralized database that was being monitored by the distribution factory in china and processed in the order received however; if it is true, how could any vendor give you an estimate about delivery unless they also had access to production dates, run numbers, packaging dates, etc...
good question.

B H
Best Buy.
DSLR Pro.
and any others.

No !

3DR contradicts themselves every other day. I got blasted on the Facebook group for saying this as there are tons of 3DR nut huggers there. But..... 3DR rushed this thing to market because of the P3 release. I will never believe any different and as time goes on the nut huggers will figure this out as well.

That is my opinion anyway :)

If I did not have so much money invested in GoPro 5 black, custom lens, etc I would cancel the Solo and buy a p3 (or two) as it meets my needs better.

And to be honest after hearing the CEO on CBS this morning talk about the Solo I am skeptical its the product for me anyway.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
LOL, "Mass Jackassery" I'm liking the term...heh.

What was he said that made you question whether the Solo is right for you or not?

Oh I have no doubt that there is a race between DJI, 3DR, and with Yuneec trying to quickly enter the race as well. Timing is everything when new technologies compete. I think the DJI Matrice is trying to compete with 3DR - the thing even looks like a 3DR product! And look at the timing of it, so quickly after the release of the P3.
Anyway, I think the release of all the new drones we've seen in the last year or so have been rushed and each would have benefitted from better QC and fine tuning prior to release.
I can't complain if 3DR has delayed their release by a week or two if it means a better product.

B H
Best Buy.
DSLR Pro.
and any others.
Which is exactly how Kettle Photography received his two Solos, one of which he is trying to sell on another thread. They were purchased at B&H, but dropped shipped directly to his house by 3DR.

What was he said that made you question whether the Solo is right for you or not?

Yea Mass Jackassery is a great term :)

Well first of all the P3 is a better choice as I am just a casual cruiser and like to shoot video of the country side. I am not a cinematographer and although I might use cable cam and orbit on occasion those things are not that important to me. I am sure most will agree for cruising at distance the P3 will smoke the Solo. And I can actually buy 2 P3As for what I have invested in a Solo, Gimbal and Hero 4 with lens to get rid of fish-eye. And yea I am OK with 1080.

But what I did not like about the interview this morning was the government tone of the whole deal. The CEO was quoting stuff about regulation which as far as I know is not true. 400', LOS and flying over people are NOT against the law (once again as far as I know) and are just "recommendations".

He talked about linked to the cloud at all times and hinted that in the future they could inhibit you from flying over someones back yard as it was illegal. Or something to that effect.

I just did not like all the control talk and bowing down to regulation that at this point does not exist. I feel I have the same rights to airspace as a private pilot does as long as I do so without endangering the pilots above me or the people below me.

More the tone of his message. I can't fly at my local lake now, and if I cant fly over a neighbors yard I am soon going to be locked down to flying over the local dump.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
All the governmental control that was mentioned in this interview, if implemented; will not be limited to the Solo alone, it will be force fed to all drone software via a update to gps locations.

All the governmental control that was mentioned in this interview, if implemented; will not be limited to the Solo alone, it will be force fed to all drone software via a update to gps locations.

I am sure that is probably true but DJI Wang appears to be more resistant of that than 3DR does.

I can see a time when firmware updates will be ceasing !

If anyone is in the lead forcing flying restrictions on individuals it's DJI. And that was one of the reasons I looked at the Solo. As a matter of fact I don't think I'll upgrade the firmware on my P2V+ past 3.08 (where it's at) because of new restrictions hard coded in.

Reactions: rrmccabe
No one knows what will or won't happen,,and if Government action (or inaction) is any indication of "when", well,,lol, and the ability to enforce, well, I don't think I am too worried at this point. As far as the interview piece is concerned, probably the only people that had even a clue as to what he was saying is us and others like us. I bet millions of bathroom breaks and coffee refills were taking place while he was trying to pack 10,000 words into a 3 min. piece..lol. And the "Wild West" comment, just goes to show how contrived and naïve those the interviewers are and the kind of pieces they are. Bottom line, only a handful of us care, the rest of the world just doesn't give a crap. In the end, we are all super-frustrated because we don't know exactly what we have bought or when it will arrive. So, this forum gives us someplace to vent our frustration knowing that everyone that reads our posts are feeling exactly the same.

Jus' sayin'

Reactions: rrmccabe
As a matter of fact I don't think I'll upgrade the firmware on my P2V+ past 3.08 (where it's at) because of new restrictions hard coded in.

My V+ is stable currently and I have no intentions of upgrading it either.

WHEN the legislation gets passed, it won't be forward facing. It will be slid into another bill somehow and the way we'll find out about it is via Bill Maher or some other liberal/semi liberal journalist (be it comedic or otherwise) who is paying attention and who either 1) flies drones or 2) doesn't care that we fly drones as long as we're not flying them like as*holes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44