Any luck Backpack at Best Buy?

Reaction score
Just wondered if anybody saw the backpack at Best Buy yet?

If not I hope they still get the gimbal, it's kinda hard to believe that Frys had this kinda head start contracted on the backpack. So that has me wondering what if they decided that it's not working out with all the delays from 3dr. Otherwise why would they still not have them, haven't heard this just seems strange that best buy wouldn't have priority like last release is all.

I've called a couple times with no luck so figured I'd check here before bothering them again.

Just wondered if anybody saw the backpack at Best Buy yet?

If not I hope they still get the gimbal, it's kinda hard to believe that Frys had this kinda head start contracted on the backpack. So that has me wondering what if they decided that it's not working out with all the delays from 3dr. Otherwise why would they still not have them, haven't heard this just seems strange that best buy wouldn't have priority like last release is all.

I've called a couple times with no luck so figured I'd check here before bothering them again.

I was thinking the same thing about the BB and 3DR relationship as the BB's in my area still don't have the backpack in stock and have no clue when they will receive it.

Not a good sign if that's the case I won't get a gimbal till Christmas nooooo. I hope I'm wrong but it sure looks that way,

I can't see 3dr saying sorry largest buyer you got to wait till we catch up all our small dealers. Maybe it'll fly if Collin gives em a smile and flirts a bit but I doubt it.

I would assume it's a contract issue with 3DR. I had a Best Buy employee look it up for several different markets. All with the nearly the same results.
3drBackpack.JPG

Not a good sign if that's the case I won't get a gimbal till Christmas nooooo. I hope I'm wrong but it sure looks that way,

I can't see 3dr saying sorry largest buyer you got to wait till we catch up all our small dealers. Maybe it'll fly if Collin gives em a smile and flirts a bit but I doubt it.
I would assume it's a contract issue with 3DR. I had a Best Buy employee look it up for several different markets. All with the nearly the same results.
View attachment 594

Good detective work. I checked B & H website and its listed as coming soon as well.

Hate to say it cause I really want to keep it but if this is true and I gota get to the back of the line after canceling my preorder cause best buy was faster I may return and try again in spring. My seasons almost over as is I love my solo but not enough to let it sit for a year before really getting to use it for what it's intended to do.

Well I still think BB is higher priority but if B&h is waiting too maybe we're alright still seems something's going on.

Well I still think BB is higher priority but if B&h is waiting too maybe we're alright still seems something's going on.

True, but I'm assuming that Best Buy could end the agreement to stock the item if certain timelines are not met.

I'm also thinking products like the Solo have a higher return rate than other products they sell in their stores.

Is that "Status: Deleted" part important at all?

Good question. I think that means that particular store won't carry the backpack. In that case it was the Best Buy in San Jose, CA. Here's a shot from a store in San Fran where it says Active. (sorry it's blurry though)
Same number available at the DC. I assume it's the same DC for both stores.

20150804_1338401.jpg

True, but I'm assuming that Best Buy could end the agreement to stock the item if certain timelines are not met.

I'm also thinking products like the Solo have a higher return rate than other products they sell in their stores.

Totally agree I just meant B&h may have been good news but I agree best buy would have the right to end their deal if timelines aren't met I'd bet.

They probably thought about jumping after release than seeing backpack taking a while and gimbal still unsure I couldn't blame Best Buy. They can just as easy throw Phantoms out there and never have to worry about any returns beyond their own policy if that. Still hoping I'm wrong though could be a number of things I guess but since we get very little info till after the fact may be a while before we know for sure.

Good question. I think that means that particular store won't carry the backpack. In that case it was the Best Buy in San Jose, CA. Here's a shot from a store in San Fran where it says Active. (sorry it's blurry though)
Same number available at the DC. I assume it's the same DC for both stores.

View attachment 595

If they have numbers we may be ok they knew very little until last minute for solo too.

I original thought about buying P3P, but wanted to get it at Best Buy. (had tons of rewards points at the time). But the P3P was never in stock there either. Finally found a Solo. (and, no, I don't regret it.)

But anyone see this on the Bestbuy.com page? If only....

Capture1.JPG

I original thought about buying P3P, but wanted to get it at Best Buy. (had tons of rewards points at the time). But the P3P was never in stock there either. Finally found a Solo. (and, no, I don't regret it.)

But anyone see this on the Bestbuy.com page? If only....

View attachment 596

Yes, I saw it there about a week ago and at first I thought it was a marketplace item but BB is selling it.

The new price is still pushing it but I'd pay the open box I guess that and an extra shell for when it cracks for 100 bucks not to shabby.:)

Well...BB doesn't have them in Dallas either but I think I managed to get the last in stock one in Dallas! :) I looked on line at inventory and only one store showed available. I purchased as a pickup later. By the time I got there and went to see what all they had, the clerk was excited and said "...we just got the backpacks let me see if we have any." Returning saying they were out. I said "It's cool, I ordered online for pick up. Guess I got the last one." Anyhow, They had Solos, props, and batteries at Fry's.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Adimuzio513

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150