Another Option to DIY Extension Feet

Reaction score
Website
www.underworldcustompaint.com
This DIY is pretty cheap, about $15 CDN, which is what $3 USD?
Anyway the pics are self explanatory, 1/2" ID vinyl tubing, and a 4 pack of plastic furniture sockets, whatever they are supposed to be for, apparently Solo feet. Cut 4 peices of tubing 2 5/8", insert the furniture plugs, that's it.
They slip on firmly, can be removed easily, and the natural arc of the tubing off the roll orients the feet flat once installed. All in all gives you about another 1 5/8" of clearance, and quite light weight and flexible.
Cheers,
Rob

Attachments

• SoloFeet_001.jpg
    SoloFeet_001.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 119
  • SoloFeet_002.jpg
    SoloFeet_002.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 113
  • SoloFeet_003.jpg
    SoloFeet_003.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 112
  • SoloFeet_004.jpg
    SoloFeet_004.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 108
  • SoloFeet_005.jpg
    SoloFeet_005.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 113
  • SoloFeet_006.jpg
    SoloFeet_006.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
This DIY is pretty cheap, about $15 CDN, whaich is what $3 USD?
Anyway the pics are self explanatory, 1/2" ID vinyl tubing, and a 4 pack of plastic furniture sockets, whatever they are supposed to be for, apparently Solo feet. Cut 4 peices of tubing 2 5/8", insert the furniture plugs, that's it.
They slip on firmly, can be removed easily, and the natural arc of the tubing off the roll orients the feet flat once installed. All in all gives you about another 1 5/8" of clearance, and quite light weight and flexible.
Cheers,
Rob
Thanks Ron- somebody else posted something similar a while back but I can't find it right now.

How do you like the Polar Pro led's?

What, no tacticool black???? ;)

Great idea!!!

Of course, blacked out version, how did I miss that, just added 50 cents to the material cost however, electrical tape and vinyl plotted logos.

Haven't had a chance to fly with the new lights Maddog, but I look at it this way, it's not going to cloak the Solo any, and with minimal battery resource requirement, the Polar Pro's are only going to add to the visibility, so why not, I don't need 1 km visibility just a little help until 3DR places an orientation icon on the display.

Attachments

• FeetV2_003.jpg
    FeetV2_003.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 72
  • FeetV2_004.jpg
    FeetV2_004.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 80
Of course, blacked out version, how did I miss that, just added 50 cents to the material cost however, electrical tape and vinyl plotted logos.

Haven't had a chance to fly with the new lights Maddog, but I look at it this way, it's not going to cloak the Solo any, and with minimal battery resource requirement, the Polar Pro's are only going to add to the visibility, so why not, I don't need 1 km visibility just a little help until 3DR places an orientation icon on the display.
They look pretty cool!!:)

Of course, blacked out version, how did I miss that, just added 50 cents to the material cost however, electrical tape and vinyl plotted logos
You had to go over the top, didn't you...;) Nice touch adding the 3DR logo. Great solution....!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,
Rob

They are for chair and couch caster wheels but I think your statement was a rhetorical. lol
Any how they look much cooler as solo extender legs. Especially with the costume tape and label job.

Attachments

• chair wheel.jpg
    chair wheel.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 5
Cheers,
Rob
Thanks Rob

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado