Another "Magnetic interference" Thread

And just like that the thread ends? What the fk, dude? Why won't you say what the fix was?

Thanks for keeping this thread alive. After a minor crash, had the dreaded Magnetic Interference message and could not shake it. Did just about everything else: pulled motor pods, demagnetized screws and components. I could not complete a compass calibration.

The Compass reset procedure did the trick. Disconnected the cable, did the calibration, reconnected, re-calibrated again. The message was cleared. Thanks. Bird back from the dead. But there was a belly smack in there somewhere— mostly from frustration.

Reactions: artcuda
Thanks for keeping this thread alive. After a minor crash, had the dreaded Magnetic Interference message and could not shake it. Did just about everything else: pulled motor pods, demagnetized screws and components. I could not complete a compass calibration.

The Compass reset procedure did the trick. Disconnected the cable, did the calibration, reconnected, re-calibrated again. The message was cleared. Thanks. Bird back from the dead. But there was a belly smack in there somewhere— mostly from frustration.
I know, right! Who woulda thought of such a thing? I'm glad that TexAcoon posted his solution. I'm happy that it solved your problem. Rock on.

Oh NO! I got several flights accomplished and decided to perform a level calibration. Wrong decision. As soon as the level calibration was done the MI message was back. I tried the compass technique, this time with Solex, not the Solo App. I could not get the second compass calibration to complete. Tried the entire compass technique with Solo app. Same result: the second compass calibration (with the compass connected on the main board) will not conclude. Green bar only gets to 50% and it stalls.

Will keep trying. I may try paddle defibrillators.

Luckily I had a new compass leg in the drawer (totally forgot I ordered a few for next to nothing from B&H). Replaced the old leg compass with new, and all is good with the world. A few more tests and then will lash on the Sony mirrorless for HDRs and Panos.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle