Aloha from Hawaii!

Hey there! Thanks for the heads up--I've heard rumblings about this upcoming legislative issue. I'm hoping that this doesn't pass--we are already heavily restricted by the numerous military bases surrounding the island. Not to mention the airport that's close to Waikiki. That's why my videos are only of the North and East shores :(

View attachment 5353

Keoni, is that the B4UFly App? Those apps are discouraging. All you really need is the sectional.

You can fly recreationally anywhere, really. Just follow the FAA guidelines and notify the tower when you're in restricted airspace.

Now flying around HNL or in the city at all - dumb. But if you are in the restricted airspace as indicated in the chart below, call the tower and "notify" them of your recreational sUAS operations.

KBay, Wheeler, Barber's Poit all class D, if not too stupid close to the flight line or in the approach, should be no prob.

To fly without notification, Waianae allgood. North Shore All good. East Side all good. Diamond Head all good, Waikiki maybe?, South Shore all good. (Mind you, this does not take into consideration Heliports.)

You'll see thick fading magenta lines around KBay, Wheeler, HNL reaching very far - aside from other restrictions that designates the start of Class E Airspace - below 700ft, you need no authorization.

Also, stay away from the MOAs.

IMG_6375.PNG

Reactions: SARDG
Hi Keoni,

Since our last chat, did you get a chance to take your part 107 test since taking the course? Hope it went well, if so.

Re: the chart (map) "Pushjerk" referenced above,

This is the link for the FAA raster VFR charts that you can download to view on any device.

Either .pdf or .tiff

VFR Raster Charts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc