Alarm on my solo don't stop until turn device off

Reaction score
I purchased the 3DR Solo drone recently.

At some point the drone started behaving unexpectedly, not responding to my instructions the right way so I decided to do a factory reset to the device.

I followed the online manual from your web site and started by resetting the drone itself, like the manual here says: Factory Reset | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology.

I pressed the PAIR button, turned on the power, then waited for 15 seconds and got the blinking orange led.

Once I let the PAIR button go (after the blinking starts), I soon start hearing strong beeping sounds coming from the drone.

They sound like an alarm to me and don't stop until I turn off the device.

These sounds are not listed in the manual and shouldn't be there.

Could you please explain why the drone makes these beeping sounds and what should I do to complete the factory reset process.

The alarm means the GPS lead is not plugged in correctly.

It's a 5 minute job to make sure the GPS lead is seated correctly.

Open up the Solo and you'll see the GPS lead with a white connector going to the top of the Solo:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

How can i fix it ?
where is the gps is on the drone ?
How to plug it correctly ?

can't find .. can you please explain what part on the drone is the GPS ?
How it look like ?

GPS lead.jpg

You don't need to find the GPS, it's in the top in front of the battery. Just follow the YouTube example above and check the white connector going to the top of the shell.

this not solve the problem :(
Try this then, you must have an invalid compass offset stored.

Constant beeping alarm and magnetic interference

From Tower App
1.- Follow the steps shown.
2.- Open the menu and go to Parameters.
3.- Once you area at the parameters section search for the SYSID_SW_MREV parameter.
4.- When you find it please select the number written to the right of the parameter name, delete it and write a "0" (Without quotation marks).
5.- Once you have changed the parameter go to the upper-right part of the screen and select the three dot icon.
6.- On that drop down list please select Upload Parameters.
7.- Finally turn off your Solo and then turn it back on.
*Please make sure to do both level and compass calibrations after doing the reset.

this also can't work - the drone can't connect with the remote controller - i can't do nothing.
Its just beeping and beeping without stop at all until i shutdown the drone.

You could try a factory reset. But this alarm has nothing to do with the pairing connection so that is a seperate issue.

Keep in mind it can take a minute for the controller to connect to Solo so be patient.

Offtopic but do you guys got motion detected press A to dismiss on a cold boot ? the Solo fly ok after i dismiss the warning can it be related to Gyros ? or any calibration needed ?

At some point the drone started behaving unexpectedly, not responding to my instructions the right way so I decided to do a factory reset to the device.

I followed the online manual from your web site and started by resetting the drone itself, like the manual here says: Factory Reset | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology.

I pressed the PAIR button, turned on the power, then waited for 15 seconds and got the blinking orange led.

Once I let the PAIR button go (after the blinking starts), I soon start hearing strong beeping sounds coming from the drone.

Could you please explain why the drone makes these beeping sounds and what should I do to complete the factory reset process.
A beep? write us to listen

Check the gps cable. Check the contacts on the cable. Mine was doing the same thing until I found one of the wires was coming out of the connector.

Guys,

this is totally new drone.
I check all .. the gps cable, the contacts on the cable - all of them ok.

But still nothing help.

a beep? we will listen to, record, and then guessing

its sound more like super alarm - and not like a beep.
and its not stopping until i turn drone off.

can be recorded and put on YouTube, and we will listen

this is the recorded .. please wait 20 seconds until the alarm start

Check the gps cable. Check the contacts on the cable. Mine was doing the same thing until I found one of the wires was coming out of the connector.

I missed it the first time I checked my cable. Had a second look and found one of the contacts on the connector was pushed up a bit. The wire wasn't actually out, but the contact had slid up a bit. Mine was brand new as well.

this is the recorded .. please wait 20 seconds until the alarm start

:))))))))) I knew it! I went through it!
The following instructions on how to fix it:

From Tower App
1.- Follow the steps shown.
2.- Open the menu and go to Parameters.
3.- Once you area at the parameters section search for the SYSID_SW_MREV parameter.
4.- When you find it please select the number written to the right of the parameter name, delete it and write a "0" (Without quotation marks).
5.- Once you have changed the parameter go to the upper-right part of the screen and select the three dot icon.
6.- On that drop down list please select Upload Parameters.
7.- Finally turn off your Solo and then turn it back on.
*Please make sure to do both level and compass calibrations after doing the rese

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig