After market HDMI cable for Solo

Reaction score
So I had my friend from China make me some slim HDMI ribbon cables and I can't wait to test them out, I'll be selling them in the near future once I can confirm they work properly if anybody would be interested in improving Solo. I'll be offering a more reasonable price then the other guy and offer express shipping because why wait weeks when I can ship within the US with in a week. I refused to pay over $35 for a similar item so I took it upon myself to offer every Solo owner a more affordable choice, cheers.

Attachments

• $_12.jpg
    $_12.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 108
  • $_12 (1).jpg
    $_12 (1).jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
So I had my friend from China make me some slim HDMI ribbon cables and I can't wait to test them out, I'll be selling them in the near future once I can confirm they work properly if anybody would be interested in improving Solo. I'll be offering a more reasonable price then the other guy and offer express shipping because why wait weeks when I can ship within the US with in a week. I refused to pay over $35 for a similar item so I took it upon myself to offer every Solo owner a more affordable choice, cheers.
Sounds like a good idea.. Nice manicure by the way..:D

Been hearing alot about this ribbon HDMI cables on the Facebook groups lately. My question is how do they handle interference? I always figured an HDMI cable is as thick as it needs to be in order to isolate itself from noise and whatnot. Since this will be stuffed into a small box with a bunch of other electronics and motors I wonder how good of a job they would do?

Been hearing alot about this ribbon HDMI cables on the Facebook groups lately. My question is how do they handle interference? I always figured an HDMI cable is as thick as it needs to be in order to isolate itself from noise and whatnot. Since this will be stuffed into a small box with a bunch of other electronics and motors I wonder how good of a job they would do?
Well from my understanding to counter the interference from other internal components the HDMI cable must be shielded, if it is not shielded properly interference affecting the video feed will be a real problem, I'm yet to obtain this cable for testing because I've just had them made this week, once I do receive them sometime next week I will test it heavily before considering to sell them. Somebody on this forum concluded that the OEM cable that comes with Solo is actually not shielded properly which is probably why me and others are experiencing very poor live video feedback on the Solo app. This HDMI cable in particular is only 10 centimeters long it's made to help reduce micro vibrations that everybody is suffering from with the stock OEM cable which is too long and stiff.

Can't wait to hear more, how much will you be selling them for?
I'm thinking $30 for members, that's including shipping as well to US and Canada only, free International shipping will not be included. I'm located in California so members in the US and Canada will get there cables within a week way faster than the other guy and cheaper.

All that complaining and only 5 off the other guy lol.... I'll buy it if it works :)

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

All that complaining and only 5 off the other guy lol.... I'll buy it if it works :)

$5 is $5 lol, it isn't a bad price considering the other guy doesn't offer free shipping or Express shipping so it's more like $10, plus I'm in the US, I'll only accept PayPal. I'll keep everybody interested in mine and posted. I can't wait to test the cable out my self this coming week I'll keep ya posted.

$5 is $5 lol, it isn't a bad price considering the other guy doesn't offer free shipping or Express shipping so it's more like $10 plus I'm in the home land. I'll keep everybody interested in mine and posted. I can't wait to test the cable out my self this coming week I'll keep ya posted.
Correct sir. $5 buys me another beer... Yeah I'm excited about it. Just busting your balls.

Reactions: Projeffrey11
Here's a update, I got my new slim HDMI cable for testing yesterday I've already installed it but unfortunately it was raining yesterday but I hope to test it some time today. Noticed that one, way less tension on the gimbal like a lot, and two, live view feed seems to be 2x more responsive then the OEM cable so far it looks very promising can't wait to get it out on the field and sharing more information.

Attachments

• IMG_20151102_175615.jpg
    IMG_20151102_175615.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20151102_175610.jpg
    IMG_20151102_175610.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20151102_180200.jpg
    IMG_20151102_180200.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20151102_174941.jpg
    IMG_20151102_174941.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 61
Awesome man. Was the install fairly straightforward?

Yeah it was easy I didn't have to do much besides take that one silver screw out of the mother board then lift and then slightly tilt the motherboard, it took me less then 10 minutes. I'll make a installation tutorial on YouTube about it in the near future.

Last edited:
Hello. I read your post and I would like to buy a HDMI ribbon cable please. I'm struggling with very poor video if any. I'm also looking to upgrade my GPS card I believe for further flight.
[email protected]
I'm Josh

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks