ADS-B Equipped Solo now detects surrounding aircraft!

Here's the FAA's synopsis. P2P's explanation is more understandable.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-09 at 11.34.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-09 at 11.34.14 AM.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 53
I wonder if there will be any loss of receiving ability with the antennas horizontal as compared to vertical. In a sUAS application regarding a Solo I don't think it would really matter. Sure cleans things up.

Ya thought about that and decided it would be a non-issue. The 30% cross-polarization loss will not be effect anything meaningful for the application. I was detecting aircraft 30-50 miles away before. If the range is reduced to 15-20 miles, no worries. I only actually NEED to detect aircraft with in like 2 miles. And I could detect them from inside my house, sideways, in the basement.

Hey P2P, now that 4.0 will work with the black cube will it be possible to install this without needing the green cube?

This is neat, and one of the best applications of ADS-B tech I can think of at present. Cool that it works on Solo. uAvionix has continued to produce some cool products over the last two years, a few for manned aircraft.

However, remember that guys like me are flying our old airplanes at low level without even a Mode C transponder. Hope to get compliant with the 2020 mandate soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40