Accessory Port - developments- who's been messing with it?

Reaction score
Has anyone messed with the Accessory Port or the UAVCAN? or know someone that has.
I'd really like to fire 1 to 3 cameras simultaneously - non gimbal via MP.Used for AG surveying. Currently the cameras are on timed capture. I end up with several photos to delete prior and after the mission. Also the camera are not in sync. Just asking as I started to look into it and I'm into developing too many other things - mentally to learn the UAVCAN at this time.

Thanks in advance
Burke

Reactions: 50wyldeman
Has anyone messed with the Accessory Port or the UAVCAN? or know someone that has.
I'd really like to fire 1 to 3 cameras simultaneously - non gimbal via MP.Used for AG surveying. Currently the cameras are on timed capture. I end up with several photos to delete prior and after the mission. Also the camera are not in sync. Just asking as I started to look into it and I'm into developing too many other things - mentally to learn the UAVCAN at this time.

Thanks in advance
Burke
Head over and join the Solo Mod Club FB group. A guy there has created a script mod to trigger the camera for survey function in Tower, that takes timef pics based on the camera parameters imported into Tower. People have also made several mounts for multiple cameras. Don't know if anyone has done your exact application, but it wouldn't surprise me. The PEAU/MapIR guys are also very knowledgeable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Burkeam
Thanks Earl,

The mods I've seen are for triggering the gimbal camera. I have the quad plate and MAPIR cameras from PEAU but the cameras are timed.

The great thing about Solo is the solution will come. I actually have time to get it worked out but starting now- crops are out of the filed for the year. Ideally the aux port would be nice for quick changeability between the quad mount and gimbal. Thanks again for your input.

Head over and join the Solo Mod Club FB group. A guy there has created acsie mod to trigger the camera for survey, based on the camera parameters imported into Tower. People have also made several mounts for multiple cameras. Don't know if anyone has done your exact application, but it wouldn't surprise me. The PEAU/MapIR guys are also very knowledgeable.
Is that FB club open to all or by invitation?

Thanks Earl,

The mods I've seen are for triggering the gimbal camera. I have the quad plate and MAPIR cameras from PEAU but the cameras are timed.

The great thing about Solo is the solution will come. I actually have time to get it worked out but starting now- crops are out of the filed for the year. Ideally the aux port would be nice for quick changeability between the quad mount and gimbal. Thanks again for your input.
I know the PEAU guys worked a lot on importing cameras, which is part of the solution, I know it works with GoPro but do t know the MapIR cameras, so I am not sure they. have a trigger to hit. if si, there may be a way to make it work. tbe PEAU guys will know.

Reactions: Burkeam

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig