Accessory Port - (How) does it work...?

Reaction score
Hi,

ever since I was using DJI products in the past (several Phantom iterations and an Inspire 1) I desperately wanted something like the Solo accessory bay/port on DJI products. But they never provided it :-(

IIRC you have to buy at least a DJI Matrice 210 to get something comparable....

Now with OpenSolo there is the accessory port (as described in https://dev.3dr.com/hardware-accessorybay.html), but what is the status of it?

I read in the Solex manual about "Remote Commands" and a "Servo" event in missions. Has anybody used this with the port?

Kai

Last edited:
When you use the search on Hackster, you will find plenty of more mods using the accessory bay ;-)

JUST SO YOU ARE AWARE. The accessories bay draws its power from the main board via a bus ribbon ( white in color), It is very easy to rip that ribbon off in the course of removing the main board for upgrades or repairs. So proceed with caution. Depending on your soldering sills it’s not that hard to repair, but it’s a pain (I found out the hard way)

Thanks for pointing that out. Since a PxH GreenCube upgrade is on my list it's good to know what to look out for.

As a side note: just found out that there are in fact non-gimbal Solo's with Rev. B GPS and shield mod, because obviously I got one.

First thing I noticed when unboxing it was, no annoying prop-direction stickers on the motors, instead some kind of bandarole around them.

Saw the mod and GPS board when I installed the gimbal.

The bird even found satellites while sitting on my desk close to the window, while my two Rev. A's need a nice&clear view... ;-)

Thanks for pointing that out. Since a PxH GreenCube upgrade is on my list it's good to know what to look out for.

As a side note: just found out that there are in fact non-gimbal Solo's with Rev. B GPS and shield mod, because obviously I got one.

First thing I noticed when unboxing it was, no annoying prop-direction stickers on the motors, instead some kind of bandarole around them.

Saw the mod and GPS board when I installed the gimbal.

The bird even found satellites while sitting on my desk close to the window, while my two Rev. A's need a nice&clear view... ;-)
.I am for sure not an expert on drones,but I have tried and screwed up every mod. I got them all fixed, but it was a journey.
By far the best mod so far was the green cube. It cleared more problems than the rest combined. Next best was the HERE GPS. You mentioned getting sats sitting by a window. I pick up 17 sets sitting in my den. That includes black cube as well as green cube.
So if your prioritising wants I would say skip straight to HERE.
ANYWAY, welcome to the group!

So if your prioritising wants I would say skip straight to HERE.

I am definitely planning to go for the HERE GPS and already contacted Curtis for cables. But since there is obviously a new iteration of the HERE on the market (HX-06022 with the Honywell HMC5983 compas changed for a Invensense ICM20948) I am waiting until the community says this is fine with OpenSolo....

I am definitely planning to go for the HERE GPS and already contacted Curtis for cables. But since there is obviously a new iteration of the HERE on the market (HX-06022 with the Honywell HMC5983 compas changed for a Invensense ICM20948) I am waiting until the community says this is fine with OpenSolo....
OK, COOL. I'll let you to it. I case I miss it let me know what shakes out. If you run across anything you need help on, I for sure can tell you what not to do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc