3DR Solo Range Issues and Line of Sight Video Explanation with Transformers and Ninja Toy!!!

Just watched your video "where are the gimbals".....don't give up Troy. A lot of us are in limbo here.

Reactions: prowler9
Yea if folks are having issues like this one discussed, upgrade antennas ASAP. I would be hard pressed to lose signal at less than 1000 feet out even not I'm pointing the fpvlr directly toward the solo. Even above me its consistently got a good Rssi under 60 up to the recommended 400 feet in every area I've tried so far. Behind me yes my signal drops fast, otherwise long as my controller has a line of sight to solo I stay at worst in the 60s rssi wise usually even better until I'm out a good ways.

Totally agree with what's said here but my solution to my property being much less than an ideal place to fly was fpvlr and it's working great for me at least.

i purchased the dbsmod antenna (waiting for shipment) but i was also going to get the FPVLR...in the reviews on the FPVLR website, someone wrote

Works great, definitely improved our range and confidence when flying. While the auto survey missions we’re flying with Tower don’t necessarily need a signal connection to the SOLO it is great knowing we can receive updated location, battery level and RTH if there are any obstructions we didn’t account for during the mission. Quality build, highly recommend.

is this true? can u load a tower mission and not need the controller signal and let it continue its mission? because i tried this and when lost signal from controller , i get a RTH immediately

i purchased the dbsmod antenna (waiting for shipment) but i was also going to get the FPVLR...in the reviews on the FPVLR website, someone wrote
is this true? can u load a tower mission and not need the controller signal and let it continue its mission? because i tried this and when lost signal from controller , i get a RTH immediately

Yes. The mission from tower loads to the bird. If properly configured it will fly beyond RC connectivity as its going from waypoint to waypoint and does not need your control. Having connectivity is nice so you can see what is going on though.

Reactions: z3r01

You need to change your GS Failsafe parameter to continue mission on radio disconnect.

Ground Station Failsafe Enable (ArduCopter:FS_GCS_ENABLE)
Controls whether failsafe will be invoked (and what action to take) when connection with Ground station is lost for at least 5 seconds. NB. The GCS Failsafe is only active when RC_OVERRIDE is being used to control the vehicle.

• Value Meaning
    0 Disabled
    1 Enabled always RTL
    2 Enabled Continue with Mission in Auto Mode

Yes. The mission from tower loads to the bird. If properly configured it will fly beyond RC connectivity as its going from waypoint to waypoint and does not need your control. Having connectivity is nice so you can see what is going on though.
I've set missions and it RTH on disconnect , where do I set the option to have it continue ??

I've set missions and it RTH on disconnect , where do I set the option to have it continue ??
Check the post directly above yours? Apply the change in Tower/parameters.

Reactions: z3r01
got it lol well i know that at least it will return to home when mission is complete :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44