3DR Solo flew away

Reaction score
Hello guys i signed uo to this thread cause i seriously need help i have a 3dr solo that litteraly flew away and never came back. Before take off i had 14 gps locks and plenty of battery 100% i took the solo up about 30 ft and commanded it to come back down. I still had 14 gps locks and it was showing my gopro footage. When i hit return home it said returning home however 3 seconds later it said gps signal lost fly manual so i commanded it down so it could stay in range but still it was gaining altitude untill i completely lost signal i pulled the logs from the controller and saw that the drone went above the 160ft limit i had set and went 200+ft and thats where the log ends i have emailed 3dr and am waiting for a response however i really want my drone back as it has my gopro hero 4 on it which was brand new. If its allowed id like to show you guys the flight path as it was very very strange it looks like there was somebtyoe of glitch or error

Sending the logs to 3DR was the thing to do. Please get back with us on your response.

How were you commanding it down?
With the sticks but what is leading me to believe it was a error is i got contoller disconnected error in the sololink but still had video feed aswell as when looking at the logs the altitude had a pattern

The logs record the stick movement so as long as you were doing the right thing then 3DR should cover you provided the Solo is in warranty.

Evan, sorry about your loss. You can post the logs here and somebody can read and comment on them.

Evan, sorry about your loss. You can post the logs here and somebody can read and comment on them.

I had it mapped in 3d and it looks so erratic

Attachments

• solo.tlog.9.zip
    40.7 KB · Views: 20
Did you look at the bottom of that lake for your Solo and GP? ;)

I actually did i looked for hours even passed out some flyers i really wanted to get into ariel photography and this happens.

Yeah!! That's what I'm afraid of!! 1 glitch and you're down 399$ ( solo ) 499$ ( hero 4 blk ).. My 3rd flight - taking photo of my bro n law baby shower outdoor, flew 20ft up, took photo and video clip. As I manually command slowly to land, it shoot sideway and crash right into the tree..

Welp let me tell you guys right now 3DR's "customer service" is pure garbage. They constantly lie to you and say sorry someone will take care of you when they never really do. I sent all my logs to an "engineer" which took 3 weeks alone. Then the "engineer looked at the wrong logs 3 times and then i finally got approved for a replacement and now they are telling me they have no more go pro hero 4 blacks... This is ridiculous. When i get my replacement im returning this thing the customer support is so bad that i refuse to use their products even if it was given to me for free. Please do yourself a favor and just buy a DJI Phantom 3 Standard or Advanced.

If you were approved for a replacement "Solo", & 3DR didn't have anymore GP4B available, you should have asked to be put on "the first available list" for a GP4B
someone just had to wait 20 days. Got notified that his GP4B was being sent off.

When DJI can match the cinematic moves of Solo I might be tempted to try one. They haven't yet, so I will continue to pay $60 a year for full coverage insurance on the Solo and everything attached.

If it goes down new Solo and GP without counting on 3DR.

When DJI can match the cinematic moves of Solo I might be tempted to try one. They haven't yet, so I will continue to pay $60 a year for full coverage insurance on the Solo and everything attached.

May I ask who your insurance provider is?

If you were approved for a replacement "Solo", & 3DR didn't have anymore GP4B available, you should have asked to be put on "the first available list" for a GP4B
someone just had to wait 20 days. Got notified that his GP4B was being sent off.
They are trying to tell me that the hero 4 is discontinued and that they won't get anymore. They offered me a freaking battery in place of a $400 camera...

Please elaborate on this insurance cause i would rather let the 3dr hit me in the face than deal with them again

They are trying to tell me that the hero 4 is discontinued and that
They are trying to tell me that the hero 4 is discontinued and that they won't get anymore. They offered me a freaking battery in place of a $400 camera...
Not that it will make you feel any better, but many of us here Solo+GP4B paid over $1800. today the same setup can be bought for under $675 with warranty. Ouch!

Many of us still think Solo is still the best on the market for the present price.

Lot's of us bought an extra Solo, just for parts or like you, a lost/failure.

Not that it will make you feel any better, but many of us here Solo+GP4B paid over $1800. today the same setup can be bought for under $675 with warranty. Ouch!

Many of us still think Solo is still the best on the market for the present price.

Lot's of us bought an extra Solo, just for parts or like you, a lost/failure.

They refuse to reimburse me for my go pro and im getting seriously frustrated. They need to replace my gopro. Im not taking a battery in place of a $400 camera thats idiotic. If they sent me 2 drones that would work but getting in touch with them is like pulling teeth. I honestly do not care if the battery lasted 5 days or if this was the best drone in the market. The customer service is shit as well as the product.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44