3DR Solo Controller

Reaction score
Anyone know the maximum tablet dimensions the controller will hold and the dimensions of the controller itself?

8.5" is the max the holder can extend to. so pretty much all of your mini tablets. as far as controller size/weight...tbd.

Thanks. I am just thinking about the best size of tablet to get.

I bought the Samsung Tab S because its really bright. However a lot of guys are going for Nvidia Shield with good success.

I grabbed mine online somewhere. Have to look and see.

After confirming with 3DR support by phone I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 which will definitely fit according to a 3DR dev on another group. The display should be killer for my weary old(er) eyes.

Got it at Best Buy.

I use Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 AT&T LTE on my P2, very nice tab, 8 core processor, damn fast

Ditto here for the last 8 months on my Phantom, Samsung Galaxy Tab. Plan on using it also for the Solo.

i wonder if we have to do the "wang" dance like the rest of the DJI set up?

tablet that has wifi connectivity. thats how you be able to view the video from your copter via Gopro on board.

You can also view it from the HDMI out connector but you'll still want to use a tablet for the controls within the App.

Thanks. Seems like it would only make sense to have the interactive tablet, but at least there is an option of another screen for streaming or whatever.
You NEED the WiFi tablet. There is no telemetry on the HDMI feed out and you have no way of controlling the Solo functions without out. With the HDMI you have no software and just a FPV view of where you are going.

You NEED the WiFi tablet. There is no telemetry on the HDMI feed out and you have no way of controlling the Solo functions without out. With the HDMI you have no software and just a FPV view of where you are going.
Yeah, I got that, thanks. I meant it could be useful to have an additional screen (though not for me that I can foresee.)

Within the Solo app I believe there was a setting to save the camera roll to your device? I wonder if it records telemetry as well? If not you would need a screen capture app for that since it does not output though the HDMI port.

Don't forget you have the flight logs as well which you can extract, enough telemetry data there to keep you happy for a long time :)

Reactions: GoodnNuff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado