3DR Solo + Backback w/ Controller, 2 Batt and such – $150

Reaction score
You are going to want to know, this is a flying parts source now. It does fly, really. It was still flying after a ran it into a light pole last year. As you probably would guess, the gimbal was toast, I broke a few props, and there are a few cracks on the body... but she does fly.

$150 + shipping (no clue what that's really going to be)

The good:
  • The Solo vehicle does fly, does communicate with the controller/app all that stuff.
  • The batteries are in very good condition. They had a storage charge on them for the last year, and still had 50/60% battery when I topped them both off this week.
  • The batteries really haven't been through that many charge cycles in their lives. THIS vehicle has less than a dozen hours on it I estimate, and the batteries likely haven't had more than 2 dozen charge cycles on them (very little chance it's 3 dozen (why do I keep measuring in dozens?)).
  • The controller is absolutely fine, I didn't crash that into a light pole.
  • The backpack is in great condition.
  • Has lots of 'black' props... I always break the silver ones (maybe it's common? I've broken... yeah, probably a not a dozen, so let's say 1/4 dozen?)
  • Has a full-set of working props (some aftermarket ones I got to see if it does indeed fly)
  • Has 3-printed leg extensions (black) but also still has the original 3DR feet.
  • Flew today, like 30 minutes before posting this ad (video proof below)
  • All of the motors appear completely unharmed, work and don't make any strange noises.

The bad:
  • It's missing the bottom cover (the original camera mount) b/c 3DR didn't send me one when they replaced my vehicle and gimbal during a total loss crash caused by software (this is the replacement vehicle). So, when the gimbal got destroyed... no bottom clover.
  • The body has some cracks. I glued them shut to keep things from moving around.
  • The body section up around the GPS doesn't quite fit together as original. The parts are all attached.
  • The battery clip is completely missing (from the crash). The battery in the flight video is being held on only by being plugged in
  • It won't be flown again unless you buy it and fix it, or do some crazy lab work to it.

Includes:
  • Working but injured 3DR Vehicle
  • Controller in like-new condition
  • 2 Batteries (full charged in good/great condition)
  • 4 black 3DR props
  • 1 silver 3DR prop
  • 1 Set (2 silver/2 black) AM props
  • Working Battery Charger
  • Working Controller Charger
  • 1 Foam Gimbal block
  • 1 set black 3D printed leg extensions
  • 1 set 3DR original feet
  • 3DR Solo Backpack
Today's Flight (with dumb guy talking a lot)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Photos of the things in that unnecessarily long list attached

Attachments

• IMG_1736.JPG
    IMG_1736.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1737.JPG
    IMG_1737.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1738.JPG
    IMG_1738.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1741.JPG
    IMG_1741.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1744.JPG
    IMG_1744.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1745.JPG
    IMG_1745.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1746.JPG
    IMG_1746.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1747.JPG
    IMG_1747.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1748.JPG
    IMG_1748.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
Reactions: SKuhn68
Guess I could have been clear about location (my profile is accurate). I'm in the Dallas/Fort Worth metro area in TX.
If you still have this, take it off the market, I'm in! We'll figure out the shipping.
SKuhn68

Guess I could have been clear about location (my profile is accurate). I'm in the Dallas/Fort Worth metro area in TX.
I am fairly new to the forum and still haven't figured out how to PM? But if you PM me, I think I can figure out how to respond. : )

billtakos

I was able to PM you yesterday, not sure if you saw it.

I've returned other PMs, and started the one to you SKuhn68.

billtakos

I was able to PM you yesterday, not sure if you saw it.

I've returned other PMs, and started the one to you SKuhn68.
Okay, well due to the fact that I am not smart enough to figure out the PM system on this damn forum and apparently not smart enough to log in by phone either, I have missed out on this one. Just so it doesn't happen again, would you mind telling me where to find the thread you started with me? I am at a total loss.
SKuhn68

Sorry about that too... I wasn't intentionally moving past anyone, I had no idea how to use that thing either until I figured it out yesterday.

To start one, click on the person's name (phone or computer) and choose "start a conversation" from the pop up. That's for getting one started. To view ones that have come to you, on a computer's web browser, it's represented by an envelop at the top right of the screen. On the phone, tap your tiny picture at the top right and a menu should slide out from the right. The envelope there should be the link to get to them.

Really sorry you didn't see this SKuhn68. To be fair, the person who ultimately bought it PMd me about 20 minutes before your reply here. The real "first" responder was billtakos far above, and he didn't answer any messages either. I'm thinking that this PM system should be better labeled/more obvious. Bad UX design.

Reactions: billtakos
Just noticed your reponce, thanks! If it's not sold I'm in if we can work out shipping to socal

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso